Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California, United States.
    Posts
    366

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Ive seen many coaches who do it for themselves more than for the athletes. Ive seen coaches destroy another athletes day in favor of their own. I try to help all athletes not just my own. and I dont just focus on the most talented. If you want to get better, im willing to help.

    As for stealing without giving credit......those frauds usually dont last long
    I have endless amount of gratefulness and respect for coaches with the mentality such as yours. Those who are willing to help anyone with passion, not just ones with apparent talent. Some coaches unfortunately only work with talented athletes so that they get easy improvements out of them and make name for themselves.

    It's also very nice of you to help athletes that are not yours. The world really need more great people like you.
    B.S. in Exercise Science
    NSCA-CSCS, NSCA-CPT.
    USATF LV 1.

  2. #12

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEK4VseJ_I

    Caught this on youtube, there is part 1,2 and 3. They use nearly all of Charlies work from GPP Essentials and the Vancouver download. Just wondering if permission was sought. She seems to be passing this off as her own work. Or at least not mentioning the source of her information. Just curious.
    I had to quit watching after a few minutes due to getting pissed off with her adding an "e" to the end of every word!

  3. #13

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Quote Originally Posted by kwave View Post
    It's also very nice of you to help athletes that are not yours. The world really need more great people like you.
    I try to do this too, but only if the athletes' primary coach is also present or has given permission (and I am certainly not calling myself great). Because I live in a rural area where the knowledgeable or semi-knowledgeable coaches are quite spread out, I sometimes get athletes asking for help with various things. Recently I've asked them to start videoing the interactions with hopes of sharing what I sure hope is correct information.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California, United States.
    Posts
    366

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Quote Originally Posted by rainy.here View Post
    I try to do this too, but only if the athletes' primary coach is also present or has given permission (and I am certainly not calling myself great). Because I live in a rural area where the knowledgeable or semi-knowledgeable coaches are quite spread out, I sometimes get athletes asking for help with various things. Recently I've asked them to start videoing the interactions with hopes of sharing what I sure hope is correct information.
    I agree, if the athlete has someone else as their primary coach, it would be a different situation. You are very wise and generous in that regard.
    B.S. in Exercise Science
    NSCA-CSCS, NSCA-CPT.
    USATF LV 1.

  5. #15
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    It's one thing to copy info and use it and it's an entirely other miss step to push the info off as your own and brag about it.
    Some people have no scruples.

  6. #16

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Tom Crick gives a huge amount back to the sport and is extremely generous with his time and sharing his knowledge. He gives a lot of credit to those that have influenced him and directed many many people to this site and Charlie's work.

    UK Athletics has a very strict policy on not associating itself or hiring any coaches involved with drugs. Anyone who did would almost certainly lose their job.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    UK Athletics has a very strict policy on not associating itself or hiring any coaches involved with drugs. Anyone who did would almost certainly lose their job.
    Bullshit.
    Distributing CF materials quietly and at the same time out laud condemned any form of relation with the man. Lol. WTF?!!!

    I can't stand f.... hypocrisy
    Last edited by wermouth; 05-11-2016 at 04:48 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California, United States.
    Posts
    366

    Re: MASTERS TRAINING Plageurism ??

    Plagiarism in sports performance-related presentations should be treated as a serious matter just like it is in the scholarly research in my opinion....
    B.S. in Exercise Science
    NSCA-CSCS, NSCA-CPT.
    USATF LV 1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •