Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre DeGrasse to Altis

Re: Andre DeGrasse to Altis

Very disappointing he left a place where things have been going very well.

I take that back as he has only ever been in one place for a bit of time.

It will be interesting to see how he thrives in Phoenix.

I don't think it would have hurt him to complete his education but the lure of the contract would be too tempting for most.

It should be an interesting year for the men's 100 meters.

Very strange time to change coach I would think. Alti's seem to have a big reputation though. They are very active on social media as well. With the progression De Grasse has made last few years though I think its a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Andre cason had a decent career didnt he? I used to love watching him run
    His professional career was from 1991-1993 as lkh stated.
    I read that he ruptured his soleus some time in 1992 after breaking the world indoor 60m record so missed out on the Olympics, an event he may well have won.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iNtZNZwAxc

Quote Originally Posted by Neospeed View Post
    I read that he ruptured his soleus some time in 1992 after breaking the world indoor 60m record so missed out on the Olympics, an event he may well have won.
    Cason ran a 9.88w in Modesto in May of 92.
    Injured himself at the 92 OLY Trials. Was PO'd and left Coach (Smith) for Frye. A move he said he regretted.
    Had he not got injured he had a great shot at the WR that year many thought.
    He never did come close to the 6.41 again.
    He ran several Wind aided times at the WC trials before going 9.92 at the 93 WC with a late Reaction to the Gun.
    ***I do remember him running in San Jose one day in 94 and then sprinting the very next day in BC Canada.
    He was supposed to run at the Goodwill games but I don't recall if he did run there. Relay?
    Ran a 10.07 at the 96 Trials in Atlanta but I don't think he did anything past that.

Andre Cason in 94

That was easy too find.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,3614738&hl=en

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,4652912&hl=en

so yes...really ended in 93 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Cason ran a 9.88w in Modesto in May of 92.
    Injured himself at the 92 OLY Trials. Was PO'd and left Coach (Smith) for Frye. A move he said he regretted.
    Had he not got injured he had a great shot at the WR that year many thought.
    He never did come close to the 6.41 again.
    He ran several Wind aided times at the WC trials before going 9.92 at the 93 WC with a late Reaction to the Gun.
    ***I do remember him running in San Jose one day in 94 and then sprinting the very next day in BC Canada.
    He was supposed to run at the Goodwill games but I don't recall if he did run there. Relay?
    Ran a 10.07 at the 96 Trials in Atlanta but I don't think he did anything past that.
    Right you are. I remember him now competing at the '96 Olympic trials. After a very impressive heat, he pulled up with what looked to be another soleus or perhaps Achilles injury in the semi final.

Right you are. I remember him now competing at the '96 Olympic trials. After a very impressive heat, he pulled up with what looked to be another soleus or perhaps Achilles injury in the semi final.
    My mistake..I meant to write Seagrave not Frye lol..A friend and I were talking about Frye the other day and his name was stuck in My head.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    My mistake..I meant to write Seagrave not Frye lol..A friend and I were talking about Frye the other day and his name was stuck in My head.
    After '93 he left Seagrave due to irreconcilable differences & teamed up with Bobby Kersee, then Manley Waller & even Charlie for a while. Does anyone know how long he was with Charlie for?
    (Apologies for going off the original topic).

After '93 he left Seagrave due to irreconcilable differences & teamed up with Bobby Kersee, then Manley Waller & even Charlie for a while. Does anyone know how long he was with Charlie for?
    (Apologies for going off the original topic).
    Damn didnt know he was with charlie.
    I always wonder about athletes who switch coaches so often.