Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Experiment in progress.

Re: Experiment in progress.

It's not appropriate conduct for coaches to interfere with other coaches athletes. Positive comments or accolades are fine but I don't understand why some coaches feel the need to add their 2 cents when advice should not be dispensed in this way.

It's important that coaches teach their athletes not to listen or solicit information from others either.

Decent day.
    Athlete X run well. Looked like from 20-40/50 we can make a biggest improvements. The whole transition from drive to maxV can be improved. I think using EFE along side with 40s will be useful.
    Athlete Y yet again smashed the hurdles 2, 6, 7, 10. Looked like was holding back.
    Warm up was poor. I think was too anxious about the race. At the end run 13.7

Quote Originally Posted by wermouth View Post
    Decent day.
    Athlete X run well. Looked like from 20-40/50 we can make a biggest improvements. The whole transition from drive to maxV can be improved. I think using EFE along side with 40s will be useful.
    Athlete Y yet again smashed the hurdles 2, 6, 7, 10. Looked like was holding back.
    Warm up was poor. I think was too anxious about the race. At the end run 13.7
    I have really hard time with that transition from drive to max V (upright sprinting). I think that is by far the most technically difficult part of the race. Do you mean just 40 meter dash when you say 40s? When I saw EFEs from GPP video it looked like the athlete was starting with a rolling start from nearly upright position, so I wonder what can be done to incorporate the tricky "transition" aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kwave View Post
    I have really hard time with that transition from drive to max V (upright sprinting). I think that is by far the most technically difficult part of the race.
    Can you expand more on this? Why are you having difficulty? Are you in fact having difficulty, or does it just subjectively feel like it's taking longer than you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Can you expand more on this? Why are you having difficulty? Are you in fact having difficulty, or does it just subjectively feel like it's taking longer than you want?
    I pop up early and get excessive backside mechanics, not achieving the sprint position. It's because I don't gradually come up and have a smooth transition.

Can you get in the preferred position at 75% intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by stilljd_5 View Post
    Can you get in the preferred position at 75% intensity.
    I cannot get the transition at any intensity or speed, fast or slow. I do get closer to preferred position if I start more upright, but if I just cannot go from low angle to high angle properly.

I cannot get the transition at any intensity or speed, fast or slow. I do get closer to preferred position if I start more upright, but if I just cannot go from low angle to high angle properly.
    Can you upload any video?

Quote Originally Posted by wermouth View Post
    Can you upload any video?
    Please check your PM

I pop up early and get excessive backside mechanics, not achieving the sprint position. It's because I don't gradually come up and have a smooth transition.
    I'm just taking a shot at this, but during the early acceleration from the low position do you concentrate on driving your knee toward your chest?