Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michael Johnson(Beijing WC 2015) compares styles of bolt, bromell, Gatlin

Michael Johnson(Beijing WC 2015) compares styles of bolt, bromell, Gatlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JraQKxNKodY

-interesting regarding the analyzation of bolts initial 'cloggy' seemingly apparent almost flat footed accel strides

Re: Michael Johnson(Beijing WC 2015) compares styles of bolt, bromell, Gatlin

he has a point regarding bolts upper body but to call him cloggy....lmao! MJ was a great athlete but as a tv presenter hes very unpopular and very crictical
    X-Man
    CF.com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
    he has a point regarding bolts upper body but to call him cloggy....lmao! MJ was a great athlete but as a tv presenter hes very unpopular and very crictical
    MJ is a dick on the same level as carl lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
    He's making good comment about athletes of how they should conduct themselves in front of cameras, etc... Having said that he's not an expert in biomechanics.
    In his trip to Jamaica (documentary) he was giving speech to young athletes as the endurance and speed endurance is a priority and they will get you there.
    Certain things he's been saying over the years are great the other just rubbish.

He has gotto be kidding, I see Bromell's left foot pointing to the finish line in lane one.

Quote Originally Posted by wermouth View Post
    He's making good comment about athletes of how they should conduct themselves in front of cameras, etc... Having said that he's not an expert in biomechanics.
    In his trip to Jamaica (documentary) he was giving speech to young athletes as the endurance and speed endurance is a priority and they will get you there.
    Certain things he's been saying over the years are great the other just rubbish.
    Well said.

As Johnson is a product of Clyde Hart who, with all due respect to his athlete's success, represents as one dimensional linear approach as there is (totally void of true speed work) we can see why MJ regurgitates the same principles to other athletes.
    Last edited by James Smith; 09-12-2015 at 02:38 AM. Reason: My error in mistaking the timeline of events

MJ ran 10.09 at USATF nationals in Knoxville in 1994 (which I saw in person), 4 years after graduating from Baylor. I think his high school 200m PR was reported as a 21.3 (likely hand time?) in Sport Illustrated (I know, not much of track resource) though I had heard he only trained 2-3x/week in high school and was very much under-trained prior to entering Baylor.

That said I do agree with the limitations of such an endurance focused program. Jeremy Wariner had a high school pr of (I believe this is the correct time?)20.59 and a wind aided 20.41 and a 400m time of 45.57 also in high school.

It is very sycophantic how no one at the BBC provide alternative perspectives. Its almost, lets just agree with everything MJ says.

Reporter: If you had a usual running technique like other runners do you think you would go faster?

MJ: If I ran like all the other runners, I would be back there with them.

But now MJ thinks that the guy who broke his record multiple times is doing it wrong. OK. I'm an "ends justify the means" kind of guy.

My thoughts exactly...