Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: Roosters training

Re: Roosters training

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    That's an interesting article thanks
    My weekly set up generally looks something like this
    Mon bike tempo 2 x 10 x 45sec/15secs rec and 1 x low intensity med ball
    Tues Run
    Wednesday bike 10 x 45/15 + weights usually 3 x 3-5 work sets of Squats,bench, lat pulldown and shoulder press
    Thursday Bike HIIT 8 x 30secs on/90 secs off on level 5 + abs and row and glute ham
    Friday rest
    Saturday run

I find I need to do something most days to keep my weight in check, but maybe I'm doing too much overall work and not giving my whole body a chance to recover.. I'm not sure, I do like training though but want to get back into racing once over the achilles .
    Cheers for the comments guys.
    Sunday same as Thursday generally
    1: I def would do more then one day of weights to avoid stiffness which could lead to injuries.

2: I have notice that bike tempo makes my quads really tight which screw up my sprinting tech the following day. I have also reduced the bike intervals to 30sec - 30sec is about a 100m and 45sec is about 200m. I would reduce the bike tempo to maybe once a week, once a week pool, once a week running (no more then 1000m).

3: Speed work every 3 days sounds good.

I have reduced tempo to once a week this block. M/Th - speed, jumps, throws, lb wts; Tue ub wts; Fri: grass tempo, ub wts. I wanna see how my quads respond to no bike tempo. So far, I have put back to back Monday's with nice timed sprints can't wait to see how the quads feel on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    1: I def would do more then one day of weights to avoid stiffness which could lead to injuries.

2: I have notice that bike tempo makes my quads really tight which screw up my sprinting tech the following day. I have also reduced the bike intervals to 30sec - 30sec is about a 100m and 45sec is about 200m. I would reduce the bike tempo to maybe once a week, once a week pool, once a week running (no more then 1000m).

3: Speed work every 3 days sounds good.

I have reduced tempo to once a week this block. M/Th - speed, jumps, throws, lb wts; Tue ub wts; Fri: grass tempo, ub wts. I wanna see how my quads respond to no bike tempo. So far, I have put back to back Monday's with nice timed sprints can't wait to see how the quads feel on Thursday.
    My bad, I am doing two weights sessions, should have read Sunday same as Wednesday.
    I take on board all comments I have dropped the bike before the weights. I'm not sure at this stage the achilles could handle another running session and will try the elliptical machine in place of the bike and see how that goes.

Wednesday 11/07/18
    calf raises eccentrics 3 x 15 two up /1 down, single leg raises 4 x 5

Bulgarian split squats 4 x 3 x 85kg
    Incline bench 3 x 4 x 92.5kg
    Lat pull down 3 x 4 x 85kg
    DB Shoulder press 3 x 8 x 26kg ea
    Reverse keg press 3 x 10 x 30kg
    Abs 30 sec on/ 30 secs off
    calf raises eccentrics 3 x 15 two up /1 down, single leg raises 4 x 5

My bad, I am doing two weights sessions, should have read Sunday same as Wednesday.
    I take on board all comments I have dropped the bike before the weights. I'm not sure at this stage the achilles could handle another running session and will try the elliptical machine in place of the bike and see how that goes.
    Since you are doing tempo to control your weight - why not do weighted walks with a 20-40lbs weighted vest for 2miles? This is what I have many of my bigger athletes do either first thing in the morning or before bed. Easy way to drop pounds and sneaky way to get some general fitness.

Thanks for all the comments... I am not that big a guy.. 180cm and 83kg... I just like to be lean and muscular and find the bike tempo work helps with that but realise I may be hindering my recovery with so much work and training six days a week. I have come up with a structure that I feel could work for me.

Mon Run/speed
    Tuesday weights
    Wednesday Mobility and stretching/rest
    Thursday Run / SPEED END
    Friday Weights
    Saturday Bike HIIT- for the GH release which is of benefit for someone my age
    Sunday Rest
    This all obviously depends on the healing of the achilles but is a set up I would like to try. If achilles is too sore to run then I do three weight sessions and two bike hiit sessions.

Friday
    Mobility
    Weights
    Squats 3 x 4 x 145kg
    Bench 3 x 4 x 105kg
    Lat pull down 3 x 4 x 86kg
    Hamstring curl 3 x 10 x 35kg
    Shoulder press 3 x 5 x 60kg
    Abs 250
    Lifted about 5% lighter than previously, felt good to move the bar a little faster

Sat 14/7
    Rest
    Sun 15/7
    Bike Tempo 10 x 45sec on/15 secs rec on level 1
    Squats 3 x 4 x 147.5kg
    Bench 3 x 4 x 107.5kg
    Lat pull down 3 x 4 x 92.5kg
    Shoulder press 3 x 4 x 62.5kg
    ReV Leg press 3 x 10 x 30kg
    Abs 200
    elevated lunge 3 x 12 x 10kg db
    Mon 16/7
    Mobility
    Bike HIIT 8 x 30secs hard/90secs easy level 5
    Push ups x 100
    Abs x 200
    Burpees x 25
    Dumb bell row 3 x 10 x 40kg db
    hypers 3 x 10 x 20kg
    Isometrics calf raises 4 x 45secs
    Achilles has taken a week to settle down after last weeks tempo session. Will run tomorrow and see how it responds.

Sat 14/7
    Rest
    Sun 15/7
    Bike Tempo 10 x 45sec on/15 secs rec on level 1
    Squats 3 x 4 x 147.5kg
    Bench 3 x 4 x 107.5kg
    Lat pull down 3 x 4 x 92.5kg
    Shoulder press 3 x 4 x 62.5kg
    ReV Leg press 3 x 10 x 30kg
    Abs 200
    Mon 16/7
    Mobility
    Bike HIIT 8 x 30secs hard/90secs easy level 5
    Push ups x 100
    Abs x 200
    Burpees x 25
    Dumb bell row 3 x 10 x 40kg db
    hypers 3 x 10 x 20kg
    Isometrics calf raises 4 x 45secs
    Achilles has taken a week to settle down after last weeks tempo session. Will run tomorrow and see how it responds.
    How are the Achilles ?