Thread: Programming squat and DL

Programming squat and DL

What do you think of a program of back squat monday and friday, and deadlift on wednesdays? Just trying to plan GPP for later on this year.

I usually prefer hex / trap bar deadlift. But, from what I understand is more quad dominant though than straight bar.

Thoughts??

Re: Programming squat and DL

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    What do you think of a program of back squat monday and friday, and deadlift on wednesdays? Just trying to plan GPP for later on this year.

I usually prefer hex / trap bar deadlift. But, from what I understand is more quad dominant though than straight bar.

Thoughts??
    Hey Brett, I was wondering if you have thought about doing hurdle walkovers as part of your GPP in the spring and fall? Over and unders and you can use a medicine ball as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    Hey Brett, I was wondering if you have thought about doing hurdle walkovers as part of your GPP in the spring and fall? Over and unders and you can use a medicine ball as well?
    Yup yup I usually do some as part of the warmup in GPP

I've read over on the subject on DL and how a lot of people prefer to omit them due to CNS fatigue, but obviously you can still do it provided the volume and intensities are adjusted accordingly, especially with a 1x/wk density too. But I was wondering the complications of programming it in, because I see that it's recommended you do more auxiliary exercises to counter any imbalances. I just plan on focusing on lifting more later this year when I go into GPP and haven't deadlifted seriously since high school.

It could work but it would depend on the volume and what else you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post

Thoughts??