Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my current training

Re: Update on my current training

Sorry for being a pest

if you look back through your previous thread and the PMs I sent you, there is more than enough info there to put a training program together. You have been given weekly setups, sample workouts, progressions, etc. The only thing that hasn't been done for you is to arrange all this info into a week-by-week program. This you will have to do yourself based on your personal circumstances, goals, key competitions you are working towards, etc.

Alternatively, you can find yourself a coach and pay them to coach you. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that someone here should spend hours writing you a program for free, especially when you have not taken on board the advice previously given to you.

Well sorry but I really looked into it for the past 3 years and I can't find any coaches who do that around here. I live in the middle of nowhere so yeah. Yeah I didn't say I wouldn't pay you. Wow you have made a lot of assumptions dude lol. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

Monday

4x30 fly (30m BU)
    3xFEF

Wed 3/4

2x4x60
    Avg = 7.8s

90 percent of pb time wouldnt be anything effective though , would it? the issue is 90 percent of max speed? meaning yea a 100m man who runs 10 flat avgs 10meter every second, but thats average over the run..... his max speed is probably close to 12 meters per second between 50 to 70 meters in the race, yes?

i think one of the best ways to make sure you are running at 95 percent (which is recommended by the francis system) or at least 92-93 percent which other successful plans advocate, is to use that accel limit, or allowance (i think this is a better way of stating it).... putting a cone down the track at certain lengths at certain times of the yr, and ALLOWING the athlete to accelerate to it, then hold speed after for a 20-40m segment.

As the training cycle progresses from wk 1 to wk 8 or 10 or whatever length you have to get in shape, you are moving that cone marker further out, since you're getting stronger.

I can't remember the exact video, but I remember Charlie saying that when the cone is at 20m on a 60m distance, thats 95 percent of what they are capable of for that stage of development in the training.... a few wk later the cone moves to 30m, which results in a higher velocity (again for that stage of training probably within 95 percent of top speed of what you are physically able to run at that week in the fall, or preseason work)....then forty meter cone a few wk after....etc etc til they are pushing through 60m accelerating hopefully past 50m almost to 60....

That's progressive, and without fancy measuring technology, you can be pretty sure you are running at or near 95 percent of your top speed given WHERE you are in the training progressions per what wk you are in.....

Of course that works great for my group, until they get into meets and then they mentally lose it (lol)..... but as far as physical development I think using an allowable acceleration point is quite smart.

Just some thoughts on percentages. Thanks for reading
    Last edited by bmarcho1; 03-05-2015 at 06:39 AM.

I agree with ya. I did a couple weeks of 90% before i went to 95%

3/6 Fri - accel emphasis

2xefe
    2x3x30 fastest was 4.11

Forgive the simple question, but FEF and EFE? F=Float? E=?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Forgive the simple question, but FEF and EFE? F=Float? E=?
    fast easy fast