Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Update on my current training

Re: Update on my current training

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Just because a coach doesn't follow CF principles doesn't mean he/she isn't a good coach. There are tons of advantages of having a solid coach and a training group.
    Yes I understand this, however, when I am training with a coach who as opposing philosophies to what I believe and have learnt from this site, I find it difficult to train under such conflicting methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by grooster View Post
    Yes I understand this, however, when I am training with a coach who as opposing philosophies to what I believe and have learnt from this site, I find it difficult to train under such conflicting methodology.
    Exactly. Plus I never intend on doing intensive tempo again, so there's that.

You wouldn't train with John smith or vince Anderson group?

Does Vince Anderson group use intensive tempo during certain phases?

Of course I would train with John Smith or Vince Anderson, however , these coaches at my track are no John Smith or Vince Anderson.....and If I had the choice at that level then I would much much prefer a Kevin Tyler or a Derek Hansen.
    But back to my original question , IS IT better to train in a group with a coach that doesn't match your training idea or train on your own with your own ideas gathered from this site.

Or Glen Mills or Steve Francis? Some here might not want to train with Usain Bolt because his coach uses IT at least some of the time, but I don't think you'd have to twist my arm very far.

This is one of Vince Anderson's presentations which has been discussed on this site, and Charlie clearly disagreed with the part of pushing the whole race:

http://www.ustfccca.org/assets/sympo...prints2013.pdf

IS IT better to train in a group with a coach that doesn't match your training idea or train on your own with your own ideas gathered from this site.
    It depends.

I am coaching, or assisting, athletes in an individual setting and in a group setting. I am also assisting an athlete whose coach is based in another state - so they work by messages, videoing and getting together when they can. They have benefits.

For 10 seasons I in essence trained by myself, due to work and study commitments. Is was bloody hard work, but I made a deal with a couple of athletes in similar situations as me that I would turn up to training even if I didn't feel like it.

I think it depends on the personality of the athlete.
    Continuing to learn is one thing in life that has to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by sub-10 View Post
    just went through USTFCCCA sprint certification with him as an instructor, and yes he does though the interval distances are on the lower ends of the extreme. The guy is passionate but grounded.

Yes he does but its nothing crazy esp for his short sprinters. Great man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sub-10 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    just went through USTFCCCA sprint certification with him as an instructor, and yes he does though the interval distances are on the lower ends of the extreme. The guy is passionate but grounded.
    What are some examples of his IT sessions and when does he use them? Also, how much of a change is one making by doing IT, possible technique benefits and maybe a good lead in to SE?