Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: 2015 races

Re: 2015 races

Anybody know what's up with Tyson??

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Anybody know what's up with Tyson??
    after snitching on jon drummond, he switched coaches. He is now with john smith........Havent seen jon smith athletes do much of anything the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    after snitching on jon drummond, he switched coaches. He is now with john smith........Havent seen jon smith athletes do much of anything the last few years.
    Yeah.... had a few brainfarts there haha

If only Smith would get him the Ralph Mann hookup like he did with Jeter lol
    Last edited by Brett; 07-26-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Yeah.... had a few brainfarts there haha

If only Smith would get him the Ralph Mann hookup like he did with Jeter lol
    All top USATF coaches work with Mann for a period of time during the year. Tyson has a hard time with biomechanical changes, he is a "slow learner" so to speak. Also, it can't help that he just changed coaches after 14 years or so with Lance Brauman, not to mention the fact that he's well into his 30's.
    Last edited by T-Slow; 07-26-2015 at 06:22 PM.

He is now with john smith........Havent seen jon smith athletes do much of anything the last few years.
    Maybe John Smith has changed the way he trains his sprinters now. Many of his athletes have had chronic injuries - Dixon, Dix, Crawford, perhaps others? What's happened to Jeter? Is she injured as well or retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Neospeed View Post
    Maybe John Smith has changed the way he trains his sprinters now. Many of his athletes have had chronic injuries - Dixon, Dix, Crawford, perhaps others? What's happened to Jeter? Is she injured as well or retired?
    Jeter pulled her quad in the final of US trials. The athletes you are listing are all quite advanced in age, so chronic injuries may be a result of not adjusting the training accordingly?

jeter tore her other quad, so she has torn both quads. i tore one quad and immediately became a 11 sec runner once recovered. dix ran fast once under him and got hurt.

jeter tore her other quad, so she has torn both quads. i tore one quad and immediately became a 11 sec runner once recovered. dix ran fast once under him and got hurt.
    11.01 for a woman about to turn 36 ain't bad. Ryan Bailey also didn't do well with John Smith. But he has other young athletes such as English Gardner and Remontay McClain.

I was there at Mt. Sac waiting for my race when Jeter blew it out the first time. English Gardner started to go past her, and you could just hear her say "I'm not going to let that college girl beat me..." and BOING. And then she made it worse for herself by trying to come back too soon, and Fraser-Pryce actually helped her off the track in Shanghai that year. So maybe the lesson is to stay within yourself and never really push too hard.

Jeter ran a windy 10.76 in the semis before pulling her quad in the final. She hadn't been in this territory for a very long time, so the risk of injury was very high. Similar to what happened to Gay in 2008. I'm not sure if the Americans are doing themselves a favour by running their trials in a stadium which often has very strong tailwinds.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Slow View Post
    All top USATF coaches work with Mann for a period of time during the year. Tyson has a hard time with biomechanical changes, he is a "slow learner" so to speak. Also, it can't help that he just changed coaches after 14 years or so with Lance Brauman, not to mention the fact that he's well into his 30's.
    what is wrong with Tyson biomechanically?
    X-Man
    CF.com Moderator