Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone want to design me an effective training program?

Re: Anyone want to design me an effective training program?

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Session 1 - Short Speed (acceleration and/or max speed)
    Session 2 - Extensive Tempo
    Day off
    Session 3 - Long Speed (Special Endurance)
    Session 4 - Extensive Tempo

Session 3 could start off with the split runs and move out to 2 x 250-300 for instance.

What fitness do you think you are missing? I had an athlete pb in the 200 and furthest he has ran in training is a 150 (he has time trialed 300 twice since April though). He is as fast as you, but principles still should work.
    Probably my lactate envelope, meaning I probably build up too much lactate by 40m then can't continue to accelerate much past then because of that. If you catch what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Probably my lactate envelope, meaning I probably build up too much lactate by 40m then can't continue to accelerate much past then because of that. If you catch what I mean.
    Well it is not as straight forward as you wrote above. Any high quality speed work is done with a lactate production to some degree, due to fast fibres, they are favouring lactate production. There are many factors which are playing important role such as level of oxygen before activity, how quickly your body is going to oxygen debt, are you going all out or in/out/in/out etc...
    If you are going all out you won't be able to sustain the stimulation for long time therefore those efforts need to sub-max.
    ATP production from glycolysis starts right from the beginning of the activity and reaches a maximal rate after 5sec and is maintained at high rate for several seconds. So if you are running around 120s/150s there is no reason to say that lactate envelop is not developed, unless you are going 250/300 or longer.
    Also, the level of your anaerobic capacity plays huge role in the fast running
    ability.

From what you have said I can only assume that you are going too fast, therefore by 40 you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by wermouth View Post
    Well it is not as straight forward as you wrote above. Any high quality speed work is done with a lactate production to some degree, due to fast fibres, they are favouring lactate production. There are many factors which are playing important role such as level of oxygen before activity, how quickly your body is going to oxygen debt, are you going all out or in/out/in/out etc...
    If you are going all out you won't be able to sustain the stimulation for long time therefore those efforts need to sub-max.
    ATP production from glycolysis starts right from the beginning of the activity and reaches a maximal rate after 5sec and is maintained at high rate for several seconds. So if you are running around 120s/150s there is no reason to say that lactate envelop is not developed, unless you are going 250/300 or longer.
    Also, the level of your anaerobic capacity plays huge role in the fast running
    ability.

From what you have said I can only assume that you are going too fast, therefore by 40 you are done.
    Yes, you are probably right.

So after looking over Edmonton 07, I think maybe EFE and especially FEF will help me. Since, basically I have created an artificial speed barrier. And why try to run full straight up 60s, and fly's with long build ups when the quality is low or just stagnant?

I think esspecially with FEF, it will create this variability that Charlie was talking about, which I think is basically the opposite of a barrier. That way, I can still get some fast running, but hoping that it will ultimately train my body to get an extra gear. Then maybe in January, try to reload the progress into full 60s and what have you.

Other than that, I've seen 6x150 as being a common workout, so maybe I can go with that in the format of 3x2x150 (3.5min/reps and full recoveries between sets or something like that).

Also, how long would you say the complete recoveries take on those workouts (the 150s and 200s)? For me I was usually in the 15-20min range. Should it be more 10-15 though?

Thanks all