Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speed and Power Conference in Toronto / Derek Evely gives Ange an Interview

Re: Speed and Power Conference in Toronto / Derek Evely gives Ange an Interview

Quote Originally Posted by dlive11 View Post
    ...Charlie was an amazing man that was far ahead of his time. Even more impressive is that he gave all of this away for free in hopes of creating better coaches.

My hope is that I live up to his good deeds by paying it forward through proper coaching and teaching the future generation of coaches about his works...Brad
    Amen. A sentiment I hope many of my colleagues today understand!

Quote Originally Posted by wermouth View Post
    That's very good presentation.
    Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated.

Don't want to be greedy, but do you have any more materials of similar quality please.

once again, thank you.

kind regards
    wermouth

I'll post them when I come across them. I hope everyone else does as well. Just as long as they are meant to be at shared at No Cost.

Ange just had one done as well..It was free for a day but I'm not sure about that anymore but maybe she can chime in about it.

A lot of great free content avail. nowadays is through podcasts, etc. as you probably know already.

-----------------

Meanwhile more CF ref.

Rob Wolf - Link is not working so I provided the Cached Version
    http://robbwolf.com/2014/11/19/are-y...ng-or-resting/
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://rugbystrengthcoach.com/build-...-low-training/

----------

Thinking more about the Art of Coaching that CF wrote about in my own life.

My son who has ADHD is really difficult to Coach b/c his Attention is easy to lose if one talks too much or bores him. Some may have read how I brought him along in many sports over the years namely Batting/Baseball in another thread.
    It was NOT easy at all. In fact, I failed him as a Coach at times but the Caring Person/Dad would NEVER ever quit on him and so I kept trying to figure out what will work for him until I found HIS Formula. He led me.

Don't get me wrong now---he is a great teammate, never gives up, has a very positive attitude, etc. Character is Caught (and taught to some extent).
    Once he is locked in to a task however....he is FOCUSED!

Speed Trap.

Quote Originally Posted by dlive11 View Post
    Hi Angela!
    Thank you for the kind words and I appreciate Chris for letting me know of this thread. I apologize for not being active on this site as I should be.....definitely the launching pad for myself and others. Charlie was an amazing man that was far ahead of his time. Even more impressive is that he gave all of this away for free in hopes of creating better coaches.

My hope is that I live up to his good deeds by paying it forward through proper coaching and teaching the future generation of coaches about his works.

Let's try and catch up this week if you have time,
    Warm regards,
    Brad
    Brad,
    No need to apologize for expanding your world. Especially when you are now sharing this new world with us and our online readers.
    I appreciate your acknowledgement that www.charliefrancis.com and the forums has been a launch point for yourself and others.
    Your gratitude demonstrates your own success in your field.
    It will be great to connect soon.
    Best,
    Ange

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    And what does Mr. DeWeese day at 1:01:40?
    No one answered because everyone is too busy squatting.
    Brad is paying attention however.
    ..... We don't have to squat every day... but we don't want to get too far away from doing speed work... ( I have paraphrased Dr. Brad's words )
    This is the essence behind what everyone in SPEED AND POWER sports needs to learn. It's one general rule, idea, principle we as coaches, trainers, educators want to push out and into the minds of all....