Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: First outdoor meet of the year.

Re: First outdoor meet of the year.

awesome, as usual...

Hey Rich,

Congrats to K on the PR. She should run fast this year.

It's hard to tell because I watched it on my phone, but it seems like she may have pressed a bit in the 200-300m segment because she saw the outside girls seemingly way out in front and the uneven distribution of energy looks like it may have cost her in the final 100m segment.

If you have the resolution to zoom in and get splits it would help!

T

Quote Originally Posted by T-Slow View Post
    Hey Rich,

Congrats to K on the PR. She should run fast this year.

It's hard to tell because I watched it on my phone, but it seems like she may have pressed a bit in the 200-300m segment because she saw the outside girls seemingly way out in front and the uneven distribution of energy looks like it may have cost her in the final 100m segment.

If you have the resolution to zoom in and get splits it would help!

T

Yes, you are right.
    I talked with her about it right after her race, as did her HS coach who told her if she had waited until the straightaway she would have won.
    Going into the turn she decided to overtake everyone and this is also an issue with her 800m, as her last race, as she was approaching the last turn (and a 27 MPH sustained/40 MPH gust headwind) she did the same... passed the leader (who was #7 at State last year) going into the last turn.
    The girl waited until the straightaway when K was too exhausted to speed up, and passed her, taking away the win.

Quote Originally Posted by rich121 View Post
    Yes, you are right.
    I talked with her about it right after her race, as did her HS coach who told her if she had waited until the straightaway she would have won.
    Going into the turn she decided to overtake everyone and this is also an issue with her 800m, as her last race, as she was approaching the last turn (and a 27 MPH sustained/40 MPH gust headwind) she did the same... passed the leader (who was #7 at State last year) going into the last turn.
    The girl waited until the straightaway when K was too exhausted to speed up, and passed her, taking away the win.
    No worries- it's only the second race of the season, and she will learn to be patient. It's tough when you're in lane 2 and you see someone way out in lane 6 seemingly miles ahead! She ran a super fast time, and I'm sure there's more to come. One race at a time! Send her my congrats please.

T