Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

Hey Angela !! Great to hear from you !

Thanks very much for the post.. I guess that pressure makes me seek those wonder solutioms all the time. My team relies on me to make plays, and I owe the track club's coach fast times for all his support over the years.. I just need to be perfect and I cant say that I am.

Well, if I am perfectly honest with you, I CAN foam roll much more often and before workouts, and save some $ on basic tissue quality work. Real massage feels much more specific though but I guess you get what you pay for !

Roger that on the Fiber and fats Im glad to say its been looking good the past week !

So, if I am truly being honest and prioritizing, I cam ditch beta alanine, Creatine and all those. What they offer isnt what I really need anyway. I will deal with anti inflammation and oxidation first.. Will probably make the most difference anyway.

Kelly Baggett said similar things to me on email, a true no bullshit guy

What are you currently taking as supplements?

BTW, I believe you met a dear friend of mine at the track last week.. Sandra. She's one of us

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Multi vit and vit c
    Fish oil
    Milk protein
    Zma
    Bcaa boost (L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine 2:1:1), Acetyl L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine, L-Taurine, Betaine HCL, Caffeine Anhydrous, Green Tea Extract)
    OR
    Bcaa plus (L-Leucine, L-Glutamine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Citrulline Malate)

Don't really care for creatine. Bcaa's only if you have the budget, they are cheap but aren't a must.

Bcaa and ltyrosine fight for absorption. Never take those at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    And if you supplement regularly with Beta Alanine then Taurine can be a good one to add in, as they seem to work together, and by taking both it raises the limit of how much benefit you get from them individually.

I normally add a couple of scoops of BCAAs to my protein shake post training to aid protein synthesis, Leucine, Osoleucine and Valine are all in that anyway. I also read that Vitamin B6 can boost the effectiveness of BCAAs.

Beta and taurine fight for absorption alson.

http://examine.com/supplements/Beta-Alanine/

Works great for us.... Don't believe every research you read - gotta get in the trenches and find out the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    Bcaa and ltyrosine fight for absorption. Never take those at the same time

Works great for us.... Don't believe every research you read - gotta get in the trenches and find out the truth...
    Same here.

and great post from Angela.

Beta and taurine fight for absorption alson.

http://examine.com/supplements/Beta-Alanine/
    The article I read said specifically that Taurine was suggested as a stack to be used with BA, weird!
    60m - 6.97 100m - 10.85 200m - 21.39 400m - 49.19 Weight - 76.7kg/169lbs

Power of 10 Twitter YouTube Instagram

How Should I Combine It?
    I recommend consuming taurine when supplementing with beta-alanine. Not only is taurine an underutilized super-nutrient, it's also incredibly important for neuromuscular, cognitive and lung function, blood glucose utilization, and as an antioxidant. Since beta-alanine and taurine compete for uptake and the concentration of one affects the other, consuming one of them consistently while dosing the other is just common sense.

If common sense isn't enough for you, then let's get specific. Over the long term, there is a possibility that high-dose beta-alanine use in the absence of dietary taurine may lead to health and performance complications. Data in mice seem to indicate that pushing either supplement in the absence of the other can lead to neurological and neuromuscular decreases in performance tests. With beta-alanine, the result was an angiogenic (stress-inducing) response as serotonin production was compromised.

Other research in rats seems to indicate that significant taurine deficiency, in response to chronic, high-dose beta-alanine, reduces nitric oxide production and response. However, no long-term studies have been conducted to determine the likelihood of such problems with humans in response to typical beta-alanine dosing.

Aside from taurine, what you choose to stack with beta-alanine will depend most upon your goals. Remember, beta-alanine works best when exercise is of a high-intensity and lasts at least 1-5 minutes. So if your goal is exercise improvement for sessions lasting less than 60 seconds, aim for ingredients that support the ATP-PCr energy system. These include creatine, oral ATP, caffeine, andbetaine.
    Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your...a-alanine.html
    Last edited by DavidG; 12-16-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    60m - 6.97 100m - 10.85 200m - 21.39 400m - 49.19 Weight - 76.7kg/169lbs

Power of 10 Twitter YouTube Instagram

could be wrong about the taurine, but the bcaa and tyrosine will fight. ive taken them together and when I do, I don't get the same burst of energy when mixed like I do when I take ltyrosine alone.

could be wrong about the taurine, but the bcaa and tyrosine will fight. ive taken them together and when I do, I don't get the same burst of energy when mixed like I do when I take ltyrosine alone.
    I believe you. Tyrosine doesn't work the same on everyone and that is why ppl have got to figure it out for themselves like you and I did.
    Some of the athletes I worked with loved it and some felt tired so they hated it.

I myself don't feel anything when I drink coffee but Rockstar in the Blue can does wonders for me.

Smash 2-3g of tyrosine with 2g of acetyl l carnitine and you should be wired up and focused. I think after a few weeks you develop a tolerance to the carnitine after awhile so you have to take a break from it.