Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

  1. #21

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I believe you. Tyrosine doesn't work the same on everyone and that is why ppl have got to figure it out for themselves like you and I did.
    Some of the athletes I worked with loved it and some felt tired so they hated it.

    I myself don't feel anything when I drink coffee but Rockstar in the Blue can does wonders for me.
    The -cetams are like that. Any of those make me drowsy as hell but not tyrosine or carnitine. Better bang for buck stuff out there than this depending on rules in your sport.

  2. #22
    Member boldwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brisbane - Qld - Aust
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    I had to make my own capsule for Vit B complex as it came in powder form. I just take one tablet a day. No fluro yellow pee either! great stuff.

  3. #23

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPBwNavDIk

    -mike rodgers commenting on some 'atp supplement'

  4. #24

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    Quote Originally Posted by flettotenko View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPBwNavDIk

    -mike rodgers commenting on some 'atp supplement'
    Bump.

    From the University of Tampa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxpb...ature=youtu.be

    Apparently a synergistic effect between ATP supplementing and HMB supplementing. As sprinters, we're less concerned with the gains of muscle mass and more with improvements in peak power.

    Anyone else supplementing with ATP? I'm doing the HMB stuff and am thinking of adding ATP, though I think it may be more effective for my 400 guys.

  5. #25
    Member Chris6878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,848

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    Quote Originally Posted by stylee View Post
    Bump.

    From the University of Tampa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxpb...ature=youtu.be

    Apparently a synergistic effect between ATP supplementing and HMB supplementing. As sprinters, we're less concerned with the gains of muscle mass and more with improvements in peak power.

    Anyone else supplementing with ATP? I'm doing the HMB stuff and am thinking of adding ATP, though I think it may be more effective for my 400 guys.
    examine.com

    my go to site

  6. #26

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    Chris, do you know if it's ok to take glycine and taurine at the same time?

  7. #27
    Member Chris6878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,848

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    "Taurine has also been noted to diminish the affinity of glycine to the NMDA receptor"

    https://examine.com/supplements/Taurine/

  8. #28

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    "Taurine has also been noted to diminish the affinity of glycine to the NMDA receptor"

    https://examine.com/supplements/Taurine/
    Thanks, excellent resource!

  9. #29
    Administrator Angela Coon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Supplements that support very high workloads ? Also, is Leucine worth the $

    Remember what the ultimate supplement is going to be your mind set.

    I know that sounds so very simple but only if it were.

    You really need to be willing to look at all the holes and fill them in as best you can both with your training and with your nutrition.

    Each person responds differently to various diet changes and supplementation.

    The magic bullet idea aka 'which supplements are best' is not only a popular method of thinking it's promoted as such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •