Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

Ok, Bol with your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    That could be true but I think good carbs and bad carbs are overblown honestly and sugar is not bad as people make it to be, esp. in moderation but judge it from your experience I guess.
    http://impruvism.com/clean-eating/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by boldwarrior View Post
    Yes exactly. Sugar cravings are simply Bugs in your stomach craving Sugar
    References?

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Ok, Bol with your goals.
    What's bol ?
    I just want to be me. The best me that I can be.

I specifically remember Charlie telling me his special nutritional system for reducing body fat: "calories in, calories out."

If you are going to try the low carb route, I recommend upping your fat intake. Don't try to replace the lost carbs with just protein. Protein is a crap energy source. You need readily available fuel. Try this, have a protein shake in the morning but mix it with cream or half & half. See how hungry you are the rest of the day. You should have a lot of energy and virtually no carb cravings.

For a fat loss approach that includes plenty of carbs, check out Ripped by Clarence Bass. When you see his diet written out, it looks like it only contains about 800 calories. However, in vol. 3 of the series, he does a calorie breakdown of the diet, and it comes out to something like 2200, which goes to show how inaccurate eyeball estimates can be.

Bol = best of luck. Search "John Kiefer" and Carb back loading.

Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    What's bol ?

I would lean coconut oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    If you are going to try the low carb route, I recommend upping your fat intake. Don't try to replace the lost carbs with just protein. Protein is a crap energy source. You need readily available fuel. Try this, have a protein shake in the morning but mix it with cream or half & half. See how hungry you are the rest of the day. You should have a lot of energy and virtually no carb cravings.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Nah I don't think doing low carb would be wise especially since I do a lot of tempo, technical and game play for soccer. I guess I'll just try and estimate and eat enough to satisfy my hunger and train at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Bol = best of luck. Search "John Kiefer" and Carb back loading.
    Thanks brah! I looked into it but I think I'll just try to stick to a simple balanced diet and just try eat enough to fuel for maximum performance. Any guidelines you wanna give on that based on how many exercise hours you have, metabolism etc.