Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

  1. #11
    Member DMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    1,529

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Now I try and only eat vegetables and fruit, I love sugar and bread but have been trying to stop eating
    Continuing to learn is one thing in life that has to continue.

  2. #12
    Member boldwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brisbane - Qld - Aust
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    In what way is it too much stuff? It's pretty easy and simple to me.
    IT looks similar to what you're doing - except mine has a Mental win win formula (keto stix) which is esp important for beginners to this way of eating

    I've seen many people eat this way and NOT lose the fat. They don't use the Keto-stix and just Wing it.

    Every person is vastly different.

    10 people in one room and each persons Carb intake will be different due to many factors.

    I' have never ever had one person, who followed a Keto-stix measuring system and NOT lose fat - and either Gain or at minimum Maintain their lean tissue.

    Remember - both ways are using the same Type of methods - Both high protein, both low protein - they should be both Med level fats/oils too.

    Mine ensures carb levels match your bodies ability to utilize carbs in a day to day basis and ensures you dont hit road blocks from either either too many carbs or too few.
    Too few carbs and you'll run into other issues - some examples are, Higher acidity, fat loss stops, complete lack of energy.
    Eating too many carbs means fat loss is too slow.

    If your training means your're burning 200grams of carbs per session - you can still eat that many carbs per day, and still lose fat, and still have the energy to train and do well in training.

    It's a mental Win too, because if you hit Trace Keto - you know exactly what you have been eating and training has been perfect for YOU.

    Simple as

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Too much stuff - my diet was simple and easy to follow. Forgot to mention cheap - spent about 75 bucks per week on food.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    122

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    You guys make good pints but my question is how do you judge how much carbs or food is too much and how much is just enough to maximize your performance? Is trial and error the only way? And let's say you find that balance so will eating some cookies or dessert once in a while or some extra food hurt your performance or start increasing your bodyfat?
    I just want to be me. The best me that I can be.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,619

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Yes, trial and error. There are too many variables for each individual. As a rough starting point, if you're training at least an hour a day, try 15 calories per pound of bodyweight for a couple weeks and see what happens. Then adjust from there. The trick is being able to accurately track your calories. Easier said than done. Eyeball estimations are notoriously inaccurate.

    A more practical method might be portion size adjustments. A common recommendation is palm sized portions. Use that as a rough starting point.

    Nothing done once in a while is going to make a difference. It washes out in the average. That's the kind of micromanaging neurosis I warned about at the beginning.

  5. #15
    Member boldwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brisbane - Qld - Aust
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Keto-stix = avoids trial and error to a massive degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    You guys make good pints but my question is how do you judge how much carbs or food is too much and how much is just enough to maximize your performance? Is trial and error the only way? And let's say you find that balance so will eating some cookies or dessert once in a while or some extra food hurt your performance or start increasing your bodyfat?

  6. #16
    Member RB34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,156

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Don't worry about how many carbs etc - all carbs are not equal. Follow the guidelines i listed earlier along with speed, tempo, and strength training.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    You guys make good pints but my question is how do you judge how much carbs or food is too much and how much is just enough to maximize your performance? Is trial and error the only way? And let's say you find that balance so will eating some cookies or dessert once in a while or some extra food hurt your performance or start increasing your bodyfat?

  7. #17

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    You guys make good pints but my question is how do you judge how much carbs or food is too much and how much is just enough to maximize your performance? Is trial and error the only way? And let's say you find that balance so will eating some cookies or dessert once in a while or some extra food hurt your performance or start increasing your bodyfat?
    the digestive systems are seeming more and more fairly vastly complex. Speaking from an extremely general point of view regarding you wanting to eat cookies and desserts and eating extra food, I'd just link the sugar cravings(cookies, desserts) with a possible fungal infection and the extra food(wanting to eat extra food) with a possible low stomach acid problem?(maybe leading into low level h.pylori proliferation)

  8. #18
    Member boldwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brisbane - Qld - Aust
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Quote Originally Posted by flettotenko View Post
    the digestive systems are seeming more and more fairly vastly complex. Speaking from an extremely general point of view regarding you wanting to eat cookies and desserts and eating extra food, I'd just link the sugar cravings(cookies, desserts) with a possible fungal infection and the extra food(wanting to eat extra food) with a possible low stomach acid problem?(maybe leading into low level h.pylori proliferation)
    Yes exactly. Sugar cravings are simply Bugs in your stomach craving Sugar - they need it to survive. A lot of people in this condition can show great improvement in roughly 3 weeks to these symptoms. Three weeks of will power - then it's remarkably much easier.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    122

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Quote Originally Posted by boldwarrior View Post
    Yes exactly. Sugar cravings are simply Bugs in your stomach craving Sugar - they need it to survive. A lot of people in this condition can show great improvement in roughly 3 weeks to these symptoms. Three weeks of will power - then it's remarkably much easier.
    Honestly, before coming to college I had zero cravings but sometimes because of stress and frustration and the fact that the access to it is so easy in a college cafeteria you are very tempted :P.
    I just want to be me. The best me that I can be.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    122

    Re: Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

    Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Don't worry about how many carbs etc - all carbs are not equal. Follow the guidelines i listed earlier along with speed, tempo, and strength training.
    That could be true but I think good carbs and bad carbs are overblown honestly and sugar is not bad as people make it to be, esp. in moderation but judge it from your experience I guess.
    http://impruvism.com/clean-eating/#comments
    I just want to be me. The best me that I can be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •