Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Need some help with GPP.

Re: Need some help with GPP.

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    I don't have the manual. The inner workings of the isorobic are very simple and include minimal working/moving parts. It is very easy to disassemble/reassemble.
    Thank you. I will give it a try without the manual if it comes down to that.

I used my isorobic exerciser for the first time. Using 200ft long 1/4in diameter nylon braided rope from Home Depot as Mr. Smith suggested.

For some reason, whenever I do reps (10-30m reps), most of the time, I'd feel pretty much no resistance at the beginning, then after about 15 meters or so, I get resistance. It's not a gradual one, it's a sudden one. I'd be running for the first like 15 meters with nearly no perceived resistance, then all the sudden the rope starts to slow me down.

I'm pretty sure it's not me getting tired and slowing down, because its really only 15 meters and if it was me getting tired, my perception of resistance would come and increase gradually.

When I rewind my rope after the rep, I feel the same way. I would be feeling a lot of resistance ininially, then towards the end of the rope where my belt attaches to, resistance disappears suddenly.

If I dial up the resistance, I do feel the resistance even at the beginning, but then when I hit about 15 meters, the resistance is waaaaaaay too much.

I wonder if there's a problem with the isorobic or the rope, or is it normal for this to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by kwave View Post
    I used my isorobic exerciser for the first time. Using 200ft long 1/4in diameter nylon braided rope from Home Depot as Mr. Smith suggested.

For some reason, whenever I do reps (10-30m reps), most of the time, I'd feel pretty much no resistance at the beginning, then after about 15 meters or so, I get resistance. It's not a gradual one, it's a sudden one. I'd be running for the first like 15 meters with nearly no perceived resistance, then all the sudden the rope starts to slow me down.

I'm pretty sure it's not me getting tired and slowing down, because its really only 15 meters and if it was me getting tired, my perception of resistance would come and increase gradually.

When I rewind my rope after the rep, I feel the same way. I would be feeling a lot of resistance ininially, then towards the end of the rope where my belt attaches to, resistance disappears suddenly.

If I dial up the resistance, I do feel the resistance even at the beginning, but then when I hit about 15 meters, the resistance is waaaaaaay too much.

I wonder if there's a problem with the isorobic or the rope, or is it normal for this to happen?
    From what you have wrote so far I can only assume that the issue is with rope.
    Can you take a picture of the inner part of the rope please.

It's also possible that you made an error when feeding the new rope through the device then reassembling it. Be sure that the rope is not twisted when inserting the internal mechanism back into the housing.

These last 6 weeks with Larry Fitzgerald we've been all over the US and overseas and been using the Isorobic with 40m rope two times per week throughout. It has worked fantastically well.

Be cautious not to use it in damp or rainy conditions, however.

Quote Originally Posted by wermouth View Post
    From what you have wrote so far I can only assume that the issue is with rope.
    Can you take a picture of the inner part of the rope please.
    IMG_0229.JPGIMG_0230.JPGIMG_0231.JPG

I've attached pictures of isorobic with rope and the interior of how it is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    It's also possible that you made an error when feeding the new rope through the device then reassembling it. Be sure that the rope is not twisted when inserting the internal mechanism back into the housing.

These last 6 weeks with Larry Fitzgerald we've been all over the US and overseas and been using the Isorobic with 40m rope two times per week throughout. It has worked fantastically well.

Be cautious not to use it in damp or rainy conditions, however.
    I've attached picture of how I set the interior of the isorobic with new rope, and as far as I can see (it's difficult to see deep into the housing), I don't think there's any twisting.

I used in a nice, dry sunny weather. The rope did not get wet at all.

How about picture of the rope

How about picture of the rope
    You can see the rope along with the isorobic, right? Do you need closer zoom in picture of the rope?

Quote Originally Posted by kwave View Post
    You can see the rope along with the isorobic, right? Do you need closer zoom in picture of the rope?
    It's about core of the rope

It's about core of the rope
    Ohh core is what you mean as inside of the rope? I don't know how to disassemble a rope, or un-braid it. I wouldn't want to cut the thing up and ruin it. Is close up picture not good enough?