Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: asafa january 2013 training

asafa january 2013 training

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1vzlw_1rI
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtVyJs0wzao

Dude could still handle the vulgar forces it seems only he could put into the track from the start by: 1. The extreme foot spacing he uses in a 3 or 4 point start and...2. The low heel recovery he could keep after achieving such long initial accel strides

Re: asafa january 2013 training

The 2nd video is unavailable, but the first video is a very good sign to me he's still got his acceleration. If he can get back to his top speed of 2008 he'll still be a big threat.

The 2nd video is now functioning...so regarding asafas injury from the olympic finals....did it heal on its own, since i remember reading it was near impossible to operate on based in the insertion point ....would they use the 'low level laser therapy' to treat it, the one that has a range of 4 inch depth to assist the healing

His groin had been injured since at least the Jamaican trials where he led both Bolt/Blake through the first 60m or so before visibly easing up. I suspect we won't know how well it healed until he gets in better shape and is hitting higher speeds. I also think he stumble in London aggravated the groin.

Is the one with the white shirt I suppose....I'd never realize it was Asafa

Even after seeing those initial strides?

Quote Originally Posted by rainy.here View Post
    Even after seeing those initial strides?
    You never know how many great sprinters are there in Jamaica
    The stride..yes, but still cannot recognize him ( except when he runs)

Asafas first race debut...already back at start of february...the local meets and their 4x100m staple... www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVvwx3ctQz4

...the accel was good(on the bend and out of it)...and the flowing high kneeish bounding max velocity is coming back...a nice seemingly non-injury run

Quote Originally Posted by flettotenko View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1vzlw_1rI
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtVyJs0wzao

Dude could still handle the vulgar forces it seems only he could put into the track from the start by: 1. The extreme foot spacing he uses in a 3 or 4 point start and...2. The low heel recovery he could keep after achieving such long initial accel strides
    Looks like i spoke too soon regarding extreme foot spacing into acceleration...enter terrell sinkfield(wide receiver from northern iowa)....done a 4.19 40 yard dash...initially its as if he's bounding out of the 3 point, where you could see it visually(the long striding/bounding out of extreme foot spacing) moreso on run #2
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkYJwD_910

Quote Originally Posted by flettotenko View Post
    Looks like i spoke too soon regarding extreme foot spacing into acceleration...enter terrell sinkfield(wide receiver from northern iowa)....done a 4.19 40 yard dash...initially its as if he's bounding out of the 3 point, where you could see it visually(the long striding/bounding out of extreme foot spacing) moreso on run #2
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkYJwD_910
    I read somewhere that this guy was a 10.8 sprinter. if you watch the last few strides of that 40 you can see him laboring. Im willing to bet he Leonard Scott's everybody out the gate then gets the bizness the last 20 of the race after the entire field catches him.

So running like that maybe good for a 40, but what happens after.