Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Freshman Year College Track

Re: Freshman Year College Track

Hey, congrats on your season.

I was just curious, if you feel with a couple more weeks of unloading you could run faster, are there any open meets you could jump into? I mean you're fit now, and since the team season is over you could control the volume leading up to another couple of meets which might help you go in a bit fresher. Is there anything in your area, or are you just mentally done with track for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Slow View Post
    Hey, congrats on your season.

I was just curious, if you feel with a couple more weeks of unloading you could run faster, are there any open meets you could jump into? I mean you're fit now, and since the team season is over you could control the volume leading up to another couple of meets which might help you go in a bit fresher. Is there anything in your area, or are you just mentally done with track for the season?
    my school year is winding down and finals are coming up, so i will probably just take these few last weeks off to concentrate on academics and getting over the overtraining I think I experienced this season because of my lack of sleep and work capacity. i might enter an open meet in MA called the Baystate games, but I will probably do events I don't usually do just for fun (400m, javelin, long jump, maybe pole vaulting)

I do think I would continue to see my time go down, but I think it would overall be of more benefit to me just to rest up til summer, then get some serious traning in early summer so I can unload a bit then enter my next track season in the Fall fresh and stronger than ever!

end of season weigh in -> 151

notes:
    -probably my last post in this journal. after taking time off I will start a sophomore year journal beginning with some summer strength training. I plan to spend the first month of summer or so with mainly an emphasis on gaining strength, but also flexibility and relaxation/posture
    -realized that I was allowing anterior pelvic tit to enter my running again, i will work on correcting that. I think it will make knee lift more of a reflex and will minimize my backside mechanics