Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sally Pearson's World Championships Performance

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I thought she was there.
    I was under the impression she was invited, was going to come until AA Banned a bunch of AA coaches. She therefore sent along some students of hers instead.
    If she turned up, i don't remember seeing her

Quote Originally Posted by boldwarrior View Post
    I was under the impression she was invited, was going to come until AA Banned a bunch of AA coaches. She therefore sent along some students of hers instead.
    If she turned up, i don't remember seeing her
    As a group everyone who was a member/Affiliate member of AA was banned. Didn't Charlie say something about Paul Hallam having a private session, I can't see why Sharon would be any different.

yeah good point. She could have?
    Quote Originally Posted by stilljd_5 View Post
    As a group everyone who was a member/Affiliate member of AA was banned. Didn't Charlie say something about Paul Hallam having a private session, I can't see why Sharon would be any different.

What is the flaws with Sally's technique?

I notice she gets high above the hurdles, but the lead leg is snapped onto the ground pretty correctly and she doesn't appear to float over the hurdle like a lot of hurdlers who let there lead leg straighten too much.

Asking, as I have a very basic and rudimentary training and education in hurdles.
    Continuing to learn is one thing in life that has to continue.

I think you could argue she is almost the complete hurdler. Just the right amount of flat speed so that she isn't out of control. Tidy over the hurdle (lot of work done here when you compare shots of her in previous years to now). Height over the hurdle sets her lead leg up quite nicely. She runs with a very high cadence both on the flat and over the hurdle. This possibly helps with trasferance of flat speed to hurdling. No point being a sprinter who opens up on the flat when you need to have a much more compact technique over the hurdles. The icing on the cake seems to be the speed maintenance work that her coach has mentioned in the media she did this season. She has always got out well but now seems to be finishing her races. I think the progression and unfolding of her as an athlete is a great case study for coaching...good job to her, her coach and support team.

I was told ages ago Jacquie Munroe shifted to QLD and was helping with Sally's hurdling technique. Jacquie's coaches were, Neville White (Medowie), Jim Day & Louise Green (Raymond Terrace), Penny Gilles (NSWIS), Fira (NSWIS).