Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Squats

Squats

Someone sent me this article today - let's max out on squats every day.
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...uats_every_day

I don't think he means to max out in terms of % of 1rm everyday. This is similar training philosophy of Russian Squat program or Bulgarian weightlifting system. With such training systems, the logic is: it's better to train everyday, which the body adopts to, rather than rest.

Beyond anyone's approach (Broz Gym,Bulgarian,CFTS),it is my observation that a key constant in many successful training program is the presence of a background noise stimulus which sets the tone for and facilitate all other adaptation creating a platform from which performance improvements may emerge.
    Knowledge belongs to the world. (Synapse)

He's saying go to a daily max every day. It's semi-autoregulating in that you only do what you're capable of on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
    He's saying go to a daily max every day. It's semi-autoregulating in that you only do what you're capable of on any given day.
    Still the very same (maximal) stim over and over,day in day out. Maximal stimulus equals maximal response (i.e. recovery potential).
    Knowledge belongs to the world. (Synapse)

This is common among the Bulgarians and their followers. Not the only way to get strong and it is common for these guys to be injured. Also, they will tell you to push through the pain and soreness and tendon attachment inflammation, etc. and the body will adapt. Good luck with that.

Don't listen to your body....

Quote Originally Posted by lr1400 View Post
    This is common among the Bulgarians and their followers. Not the only way to get strong and it is common for these guys to be injured. Also, they will tell you to push through the pain and soreness and tendon attachment inflammation, etc. and the body will adapt. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Don't listen to your body....
    I have read more than once from guys who use this system that you will adapt.....I'm not willing to try. Not applicable to anything outside of weightlifting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lr1400 View Post
    I have read more than once from guys who use this system that you will adapt.....I'm not willing to try. Not applicable to anything outside of weightlifting anyway.
    The lifter that can endure the most pain will be the most successful.

Work the cut... lol

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    The lifter that can endure the most pain will be the most successful.

Work the cut... lol
    As a good friend on this site said........"I don't get the hard on for the Bulgarian thing" There are less painful ways of getting strong.

I'd rather lift and look like this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPxw...e_gdata_player

The Bulgarians don't even medal anymore anyway and neither do many, if not any, of their followers. No Turks, no Greeks, no Bulgarians.

The reason why the USA sucks in weightlifting is not because of any training system nonsense it is lack of talent in that sport and lack of "supplements". The weightlifters in the USA are in the NFL or Bobsled or any number of other sports.