Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Powell runs 9.78

X-Man
    CF.com Moderator

americans are fighting for 4th at worlds

Ato had an interesting comment during the American broadcast. He was speculating Powell may have new found confidence after the Jamaican trials where he pressed to the finish and came from behind to win, a rarity for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    americans are fighting for 4th at worlds
    Powell still has to run the rounds and make it happen in the final. History tells us that he's not a lock.

i really cant see asafa doing anything at the worlds.....will he even get that far due to injury etc!
    X-Man
    CF.com Moderator

asafa usually runs fast in lausanne. but this is very fast. michael frater has been progressing nicely too. i think this is the second time he pb'd this year. Hopefully he will get another pb in daegu. btw christophe lemaitre is such a consistent sprinter.

Quote Originally Posted by 110mh924 View Post
    asafa usually runs fast in lausanne. but this is very fast. michael frater has been progressing nicely too. i think this is the second time he pb'd this year. Hopefully he will get another pb in daegu. btw christophe lemaitre is such a consistent sprinter.

Frater was 5th at the Jamaican trials and will not run in Daegu.

I think that's unfortunate for both him and Jamaica. Just when he's finding his form.

Powell may surprise us all at worlds.