Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: no access to hills during winter

Do the stairs have to be continuous? E.g, could I run up a flight of 10m 3x (running back down fast) for the 30m runs? or?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberTwo View Post
    Old tire...
    Yep, I found mine on the side of a road then went to home depot and got a rope and chain for a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 100m001 View Post
    Yep, I found mine on the side of a road then went to home depot and got a rope and chain for a few bucks.
    use an eye bolt and 2 big washers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Multi level parking garages can sometimes be a good source of hills in winter. Pros: They are dry and often lit at night, and somewhat warm if underground. Cons: Security may kick you out and the surface is concrete.
    Henk Kraaijenhof used parking garages for hill substitute. They also did a lot of sprint work inside shopping malls, since there were no indoor tracks at the time. This was done with Nelli Cooman.

Quote Originally Posted by ESTI View Post
    Henk Kraaijenhof used parking garages for hill substitute. They also did a lot of sprint work inside shopping malls, since there were no indoor tracks at the time. This was done with Nelli Cooman.
    When? VERY early in the morning? I know there are walkers in the morning but I never thought about doing speed work in the mall. I would worry about looking odd sprinting in the mall in a post 911 environment.