Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: no access to hills during winter

no access to hills during winter

I would like to commence gpp essentials again sometime soon, but I have no access to hills during winter. I do however have access to an indoor track. Is it safe to still do the first 3 weeks (or 4, w/e it is) of gpp on flat land?

Drag a light sled to simulate the resistance and angle of going uphill.

I will have no access to a sled at the time of training. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Envyy View Post
    I will have no access to a sled at the time of training. Any other suggestions?
    u can probably just use a makeshift one. a friend of mine just filled a duffel bag with sand then dragged that

Old tire...

Keep in mind it'll be an indoor track at a university, so me bringing in a big tire all the time would *probably* not be allowed.

Go to performbetter.com and find "The Trainer" under speed training. If not, you can use push up starts to develop specific starting strength.

If no hills, no sleds, I'd probably go for plyos like box jumps--and in fact I do, combined with hills.

What about a weight vest?

Quote Originally Posted by lkh View Post
    If no hills, no sleds, I'd probably go for plyos like box jumps--and in fact I do, combined with hills.

What about a weight vest?
    Weighted vest won't work for accel purposes, too much vertical loading.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Weighted vest won't work for accel purposes, too much vertical loading.
    Hills also have vertical loading. If I was in that position, though, I'd probably go the plyo route, but not drop jumps and squat jumps for the reasons Charlie outlined in the Edmonton download.