Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: westide.. again

do you think that is the best way to gain maximal strength?
    I'd be willing to give anything a shot.

Heres the deal: I am very weak. It seems like everyone on here has their program outlined around speed specifically. *sounds like a good idea to me*
    however, they will later post something like "oh yea, i also squatted 450 the other day." One guy even said he did 585!!!

Yeah, you can put strength on the back burner if your putting up ridiculous squat numbers already, but what if your 212 pounds and squatting around 275-325?

Westside is fine with modifications. Instead of dynamic days, do Oly days.

Quote Originally Posted by hemann View Post

Heres the deal: I am very weak. It seems like everyone on here has their program outlined around speed specifically. *sounds like a good idea to me*
    however, they will later post something like "oh yea, i also squatted 450 the other day." One guy even said he did 585!!!

Yeah, you can put strength on the back burner if your putting up ridiculous squat numbers already, but what if your 212 pounds and squatting around 275-325?
    Thing is you can develop maximal strength through much simpler and less demanding methodological means.

Try simple Sub-Maximal Efforts through a Progressive Overload system with appropriate parameters and you will undoubtedly increase your Maximal Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by hemann View Post

The way I look at it. If you are a sprinter, sprinting comes first and resistance training comes later. If you can squat 300 and you improve that to 400 big deal if your sprinting has got worse, but if you improve your squat from 300 to 350 and you get faster that is a big deal.
    Continuing to learn is one thing in life that has to continue.