Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Block cleans vs hang cleans

Quote Originally Posted by hemann View Post
    how would you define good success? just curious. if they are beneficial, i'd consider adding them to my workout. thanks
    They have helped our power cleans maxes and overall speed/power indicators. We have 2 players cleaning over 400lbs, 205lbs RB and 250lbs TE over 370 - just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by eroszag View Post
    Depends on the phase of the year...I could clean form the ground on both days early on...later I prefer 1 clean day and 1 snatch day..possibly from hang for the snatch with just 2 days...cleans could remain fairly heavy throughout the season.
    I am with eroszag here -if what you are looking for is saving the athlete's legs, you go with the alternative that best suits him at a specific training phase (and position perhaps for football). If technique is there, I would probably prefer a hang snatch later in the season.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoluski View Post
    I am with eroszag here -if what you are looking for is saving the athlete's legs, you go with the alternative that best suits him at a specific training phase (and position perhaps for football). If technique is there, I would probably prefer a hang snatch later in the season.
    We are talking about spp1?

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Clean your diet first.

Quote Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
    Clean your diet first.
    My diet is good, 192 approximately 10%bf.

Regarding late spp/ early comp season I favor hang snatch because is quite different form regular cleans...lower weight, higher speed, less low back load and so on..also less technical than power snatch from the ground.
    With 3 days devoted to OL in spp, I could also do:
    Day1) Power clean ( highest load)
    Day 2: hang snatch (highest speed)
    Day 3: clean & jerk ( slightly lighter than day 1..also used in comp cycle for the great number of MU involved)

Quote Originally Posted by eroszag View Post
    Regarding late spp/ early comp season I favor hang snatch because is quite different form regular cleans...lower weight, higher speed, less low back load and so on..also less technical than power snatch from the ground.
    With 3 days devoted to OL in spp, I could also do:
    Day1) Power clean ( highest load)
    Day 2: hang snatch (highest speed)
    Day 3: clean & jerk ( slightly lighter than day 1..also used in comp cycle for the great number of MU involved)
    This is what I'm doing:

Gpp: Power cleans - 2x weekly

Spp - Max strength block 1 and 2 - Clean/Power snatch 1x weekly

Spp - Maint - Clean/Split Snatch 1x weekly

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    If the athlete 'needs' it, I see no reason why not. It depends on indoor racing, of course.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle