Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Block cleans vs hang cleans

Block cleans vs hang cleans

Anyone use block cleans with there sprinters?

I've used in the past with bobsledders, and currently with a female hurdler..I like they go "0 to 60 " , so useful for RFD , and also for teaching positions.
    Although I usually employ the full lifts, and hang snatch later in one of the lifting days, I feel they can have a place, mostly for teaching purposes and for those individuals lacking rfd.

Quote Originally Posted by eroszag View Post
    I've used in the past with bobsledders, and currently with a female hurdler..I like they go "0 to 60 " , so useful for RFD , and also for teaching positions.
    Although I usually employ the full lifts, and hang snatch later in one of the lifting days, I feel they can have a place, mostly for teaching purposes and for those individuals lacking rfd.
    What if you only had two lifting days and wanted to power clean on one day, would you snatch or block clean on day 2?

wouldnt block clean be less stressfull on the cns. if so, I would do the block on the second day and the reg pclean on the first day when fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Chris6878 View Post
    wouldnt block clean be less stressfull on the cns. if so, I would do the block on the second day and the reg pclean on the first day when fresh
    I suppose since you are using less weight etc but the same could be said for the snatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    What if you only had two lifting days and wanted to power clean on one day, would you snatch or block clean on day 2?
    Depends on the phase of the year...I could clean form the ground on both days early on...later I prefer 1 clean day and 1 snatch day..possibly from hang for the snatch with just 2 days...cleans could remain fairly heavy throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by eroszag View Post
    Depends on the phase of the year...I could clean form the ground on both days early on...later I prefer 1 clean day and 1 snatch day..possibly from hang for the snatch with just 2 days...cleans could remain fairly heavy throughout the season.
    Why hang snatch over power snatch in spp1?

what would be the purpose of block cleans? In essence, its basically just the catch right? Wouldn't the lower half of the clean... ie clean pull... be more beneficial?

Quote Originally Posted by hemann View Post
    what would be the purpose of block cleans? In essence, its basically just the catch right? Wouldn't the lower half of the clean... ie clean pull... be more beneficial?
    We have had good success with the block cleans while using the tendo and keeping track of watts etc. esp with our football players

how would you define good success? just curious. if they are beneficial, i'd consider adding them to my workout. thanks