Thread: Basic Clinical Massage Therapy

Basic Clinical Massage Therapy

If anyone is interested in this subject, I purchased this book recently via Amazon. It has excellent illustrations with muscle diagrams overlaid on photographs of limbs, back etc using life subjects. With it is a DVD showing a clinician demonstrating various massage techniques. Particularly good if like me you have a working knowledge of massage and technniques (my qualification being in Swedish Massage) as this is more about deeper tissue work. At around 23 english money not a bank breaker either.

Hey thanks for the tip, I'm going to see if I can order it on Amazon here.

T

Your welcome, let me know what you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Slow View Post
    Hey thanks for the tip, I'm going to see if I can order it on Amazon here.

T
    Curious if you ordered the book/DVD and if so, what were your thoughts?

My daughter is wanting me to learn massage so I can help her.

Rick

Check out the 10 day taper DVD. There has to be about 30 minutes of Charlie doing various techniques to muscle groups. That is how I got my start with massage. The one thing videos can't help with is how much pressure should be applied.

Yes the GPP DVD is useful for that, there is a section on the Project Jane DVD where Charlie performs a pre speed massage i.e. light slapping of the legs. The pressure issue was one of the reasons I attended training courses presented by a qualified therapist. I'm also learning heaps from a physio I have coached for many years re pressure areas etc.