Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GPP Speed work

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Sounds good, but I would try and get sled/hill work done in both sessions esp early in the program. EX:

Mon:
    3x20 sled
    3x30 mb
    3x30 face down

Thur:
    2x20 pushup
    3x20 hill
    3x30 hill
    3x30 facedown
    OK. I see what you're saying now.

I'm just throwing out ideas, you spent money on the dvd and like the workouts so follow the dvd. Instead of going 3 days go 2 days with half the volume and I promise you will like the results...

Wk 1:
    Mon/Thur
    5x10-20-30

I agree with RB34.

A few years ago I tried the exact workouts with a few athletes to see how they worked. I used the exact volumes shown for sled work, but as soon as I got into SPP, they hit a wall.

From this experiment I realized the capacities for my athletes which helped shape future workouts/programs.

For non-track athletes, I might only have them for 6-8 weeks, and I would find myself spending half this time doing workouts similar to GPP. I have since modified it to incorporate both GPP style workouts mixed with SPP type accel and speed work. Results after 4 weeks have been fantastic all around.

I keep volumes around 150-200m.

Example:
    2-3x20m sled

2-3x20m

1-2x30m

or 2-3x 20m sled

EFEs and FEFs

Plus med ball throws and med ball accels on alternating days

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    I'm just throwing out ideas, you spent money on the dvd and like the workouts so follow the dvd. Instead of going 3 days go 2 days with half the volume and I promise you will like the results...

Wk 1:
    Mon/Thur
    5x10-20-30
    Alright, thanks. I see your points now.

Quote Originally Posted by ESTI View Post
    I agree with RB34.

A few years ago I tried the exact workouts with a few athletes to see how they worked. I used the exact volumes shown for sled work, but as soon as I got into SPP, they hit a wall.

From this experiment I realized the capacities for my athletes which helped shape future workouts/programs.

For non-track athletes, I might only have them for 6-8 weeks, and I would find myself spending half this time doing workouts similar to GPP. I have since modified it to incorporate both GPP style workouts mixed with SPP type accel and speed work. Results after 4 weeks have been fantastic all around.

I keep volumes around 150-200m.

Example:
    2-3x20m sled

2-3x20m

1-2x30m

or 2-3x 20m sled

EFEs and FEFs

Plus med ball throws and med ball accels on alternating days
    What are EFEs and FEFs?

Edit: Never mind. I'd assume Easy-Fast-Easy Fast-Easy-Fast