Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Francis has died

Charlie Francis has died

I am so sad... RIP..

Please tell me your joking..

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

A sad day for all. Rest in Peace Charlie. I for one will keep his training principles alive. My thoughts to Ange and young James.

It's true. Charlie passed away today at Sunnybrook in Toronto. Funeral arrangements haven't been announced yet.

I'd stopped posting here over a year ago just due to lack of time - but now I'd wish I'd taken more time to ask Charlie more questions. It's very rare to have access to an icon in any field and to be able to interact with the coach of an Olympic gold medalist was truely special.

The news says he was battling cancer for 5 years - for him to be going through that sort of hell and still posting here as recently as a few days ago - everyone should be so lucky to have a coach/mentor who is as dedicated to his craft as Charlie was. We've all been made better athletes and people by someone who asked us for nothing in return. Rest in peace Charlie.

Sad day.

He lives on through the knowledge and insights he's given to the sport.

Wish the best to the Francis family.

He lives on through us all... who will remember his teachings and pass them on to our athletes and fellow coaches for generations to come. We are his legacy and we must do him proud.

Im really hating majority of the news articles that are talking about his death. THey really have no idea the good he has done for this sport.

Please don't post any more of that newspaper crap... he deserves better than that.

To take responsibility for his actions and then come back to be one of the most positive things to happen in track and field is something most people will never appreciate but i will never forget.

ON THIS FORUM HE IS AMONG FRIENDS SO LETS LEAVE THOSE GUYS OUT OF IT.