Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Try charlie training but dont work for me best what is wrong.

start and end with cold. i always did these after and intense speed workout. ebsom salt baths on tempo days. hope this helps.
    Run fast or die trying

Well, anytime using cryotherapy, you vasoconstict on the surface and vasodilate in the deeper tissue. Heat does the opposite. By this constant constriction and dilation of vessels, you get a fairly rapid dispersal of waste materials that hinder recovery. This steepens the recovery curve. Other than feeling refreshed, I can't really elucidate as to why end on cold. Perhaps other members might have some input?
    Quote Originally Posted by Actuary400m View Post
    You want to end with cold right? I think I've read that before. What's the reasoning behind this?

cool the skin sensors last, retain heat feel cool.

Quote Originally Posted by speedcoach View Post
    Well, anytime using cryotherapy, you vasoconstict on the surface and vasodilate in the deeper tissue. Heat does the opposite. By this constant constriction and dilation of vessels, you get a fairly rapid dispersal of waste materials that hinder recovery. This steepens the recovery curve. Other than feeling refreshed, I can't really elucidate as to why end on cold. Perhaps other members might have some input?
    As far as contrast training goes I always thought that you wanted to end on cold because your body is going to naturally open up the blood vessels again after you get out of the cold. Therefore, you get the benefit of one more 'cycle' of hot cold than you would have if you ended on heat. Thoughts anyone?

Sounds plausible. Certainly leaves you feeling refreshed