Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SPP download

fogelson
    Niko, that was Sprint Capital and it was in Spp2 IIRC, not SPP1 which is what the Vanc04 plans discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by fogelson View Post
    Niko, that was Sprint Capital and it was in Spp2 IIRC, not SPP1 which is what the Vanc04 plans discuss.
    From what I heard those runs were done in GPP..

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoluski View Post
    I think it has been mentioned by Charlie that a certain group with no access to an indoor facility (?) were using 3x3x90s vs. 60s (not 100% sure on the volume).
    There's an old thread about Sprint Capital/Gatlin in GPP from someone who was in the camp. It seems to have started with 4X10+4X20+4X30+4X60 3X/week, alternating with ext tempo of 200, 300, or 400, 3X/week roughly 1500m/session.

Later in GPP, they moved up to 3X3X90. Charlie ought to know: He wrote the workouts for Tim, remember.

I was pretty sure that was the case, as I remember Charlie replying to someone on the DVD by saying something like "they were doing 3x3x90s because they had to, because they were stuck outside", adding that in this case you may have to shorten the recoveries, if weather conditions make you do so. So, neither SPP2 nor SPP1.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

fogelson
    So what are you doing in SPP if you are doing split runs in GPP?

fogelson
    I ask this out of curiosity btw because Charlie has said that the plan provided is meant to be a lead into a series of indoor competitions over 60m?

So what are you doing in SPP if you are doing split runs in GPP?
    No diff then what you are doing with the intensive tempo 3x4x80 in gpp..

fogelson
    Yes, but what I am doing is intensive tempo, not split runs

Yes, but what I am doing is intensive tempo, not split runs
    How you know they didn't call those runs int tempo, we don't know how much rest they took btw runs and if they had a int limit etc.