Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Incorporating Leg Hops

There's always Linford Christie style:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33pqu-zRas

Quote Originally Posted by speedster12 View Post
    exactly...
    so more a single leg version of the "Charlie's Low skips"(top vid) Stef is doing at http://www.charliefrancis.com/commun...ad.php?t=23027 ? as opposed to the LLRR (vid 4)?

Rainy,
    that vid always makes my Achilles ache in sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    so more a single leg version of the "Charlie's Low skips"(top vid) Stef is doing at http://www.charliefrancis.com/commun...ad.php?t=23027 ? as opposed to the LLRR (vid 4)?

Rainy,
    that vid always makes my Achilles ache in sympathy
    that is not a 1 legged hop, its an ankling drill

Quote Originally Posted by sady View Post
    that is not a 1 legged hop, its an ankling drill
    I know that is why I put more a single leg version

Quote Originally Posted by rainy.here View Post
    There's always Linford Christie style:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33pqu-zRas
    off the topic of hops, but christie's sprintng style looks very strange to me for such a high level sprinter, seems to be a lot of back side and a lot of forward lean (almost in direct contrast to powell's style)

Quote Originally Posted by tb2010 View Post
    off the topic of hops, but christie's sprintng style looks very strange to me for such a high level sprinter, seems to be a lot of back side and a lot of forward lean (almost in direct contrast to powell's style)
    When he does his hops note the position of his non active leg, the forward lean is one way of compensating for overstriding without major technical changes

Quote Originally Posted by stilljd_5 View Post
    When he does his hops note the position of his non active leg, the forward lean is one way of compensating for overstriding without major technical changes
    i meant moreso in the couple build ups in the vid than in his hops. i havent watched many videos of people doing plyos so i wouldnt know if his form was typical in those

or is what you're saying is that he overstrides? which still would be strange to see a pro with a mechanical error that was blatant enough i could notice it

Christie's or the other dude's? I think that's Dennis Mitchell in the purple spandex, but I don't know for sure.

i meant moreso in the couple build ups in the vid than in his hops. i havent watched many videos of people doing plyos so i wouldnt know if his form was typical in those

or is what you're saying is that he overstrides? which still would be strange to see a pro with a mechanical error that was blatant enough i could notice it
    i can't help to wonder the result if he was to put the hurdles 3m apart and to alternate legs in the hops, he would possibly make the second hurdle then it wouldn't work.

use the lean as a means of changing ground contact and to correct the lean/ground contact use plyos over hurdles, the foot contact is all i am looking at. if anyone has a link to a vid of olivia tauro or jacquie munroe when they were younger you will see what i mean.

why assume you could not notice it

Quote Originally Posted by rainy.here View Post
    Christie's or the other dude's? I think that's Dennis Mitchell in the purple spandex, but I don't know for sure.
    ahh, i still can't really tell, but even in christie's accels after the hurdles he has a lot of back side during it instead of low heel recovery