Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Long to short dialog....

How do you gauge 80% effort? Time is finite and can be gauged to different intensities, whereas effort is subjective.

What are some personal best times in different distances and then what are your workout times for your distances? That would help

Quote Originally Posted by ESTI View Post
    How do you gauge 80% effort? Time is finite and can be gauged to different intensities, whereas effort is subjective.

What are some personal best times in different distances and then what are your workout times for your distances? That would help

Ok I see what you mean. Well, let me just flip the question back to you guys. Quite simply I just would like to know how they are suppose to be run as I don't like to time myself as I find that it distracts from my running.

So, for example, the speed work is 95%+ and I understand that but the SE1, I just want to make sure I'm in the right training zone. Like I said however, I don't have any hard numbers. Uhh, times like this I wish I had a good coach so I could just have fun running.

Quote Originally Posted by 100m001 View Post
    Ok I see what you mean. Well, let me just flip the question back to you guys. Quite simply I just would like to know how they are suppose to be run as I don't like to time myself as I find that it distracts from my running.

So, for example, the speed work is 95%+ and I understand that but the SE1, I just want to make sure I'm in the right training zone. Like I said however, I don't have any hard numbers. Uhh, times like this I wish I had a good coach so I could just have fun running.
    By your description, you are prob running in the right time frame but the only way to know would be to get someone to time them. 95% is a time reference and might feel very easy from an effort point of view.