Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SPP question

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Dumb question, when you say short starts are you talking about 30m block starts or shorter starts 10-20m? Also with acc work is this 30m block starts or 60m runs?
    Not dumb- 10 to 30m starts

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis View Post
    Not dumb- 10 to 30m starts
    So no fast-sub max 60's similar to what BJ did?

This week I have a Friday meet:

Mon: starts and 3x150 submax
    Wed: starts and 3-4x60 40m int limit
    Fri: 100/200 finals only race

So no fast-sub max 60's similar to what BJ did?

This week I have a Friday meet:

Mon: starts and 3x150 submax
    Wed: starts and 3-4x60 40m int limit
    Fri: 100/200 finals only race
    You are now talking about outdoors comps each weekend, something Ben never had after high school. All of Ben's meets tended to be groupsed into blocks, two to three days apart or usually separated by several weeks. Ben's sub-max 60s were indoors (not uncoincidentally, as far as we could go indoors anyway!)

You are now talking about outdoors comps each weekend, something Ben never had after high school. All of Ben's meets tended to be groupsed into blocks, two to three days apart or usually separated by several weeks. Ben's sub-max 60s were indoors (not uncoincidentally, as far as we could go indoors anyway!)
    Thanks, I remember you going over BJ plan in edmonton download. I shouldnt be concern about the absent of speed work (60's) in the program? I had a friend who did a similar plan tons of 150, 200,300 and got slower, his SE improved but his short speed got worst.

Thanks, I remember you going over BJ plan in edmonton download. I shouldnt be concern about the absent of speed work (60's) in the program? I had a friend who did a similar plan tons of 150, 200,300 and got slower, his SE improved but his short speed got worst.
    The mid-week runs are sub-max as your weekend meets are the real Speed and SE.

The mid-week runs are sub-max as your weekend meets are the real Speed and SE.
    I understand now, if most of my outdoor meets are on Friday could 3x30+2-3x150 (the 150's would decrease as I get closer to my bigger meets to a single rep) sub max be done on Monday and allow for enough recovery etc?

Also as you may know I am training through my early meets since I missed some time towards the end of indoor with the hamstring injury, for example I have a Friday meet this week and will cont training hard (150 one day and 60's the other day).

Cheers Charlie

Yes water running. I do quite a bit of it with the rugby league players as well. I find I can achieve the flushing effect without knocking around there legs too much.

I understand now, if most of my outdoor meets are on Friday could 3x30+2-3x150 (the 150's would decrease as I get closer to my bigger meets to a single rep) sub max be done on Monday and allow for enough recovery etc?

Also as you may know I am training through my early meets since I missed some time towards the end of indoor with the hamstring injury, for example I have a Friday meet this week and will cont training hard (150 one day and 60's the other day).
    Just be very careful.

Just be very careful.
    After thinking over everything last night, I made the changes you recommended..

Hello I have a questions about SPP preparation where Charli mentioned that Ben's SPP preparation for 1985 was started with 4x(6x60m) and went to 4x60m and during 1988preparation Ben started with 3x(4x60m) and ended with 4x60m.
    1) I would like to know the percentages of 60m for that volume. For 3x4 is probably faster and for 4x6 slower, but 95% vers. 90%, or 85%?

2) The cycle of preparation where 4weeks preparation is devided for 1, 2, 3, 1. Is it for example intensity same but volum is higher? Let's say 3x4x60m/ 4x4x60m/ 5x4x60m/ 3x4x60m (90%)

Or is it like volume is same but the changes are with intensity?

I looked at the Charlie model from Vencouver 2004 and the volumes were going down.. How is it with model 1+2+3+1 in this example?

Thanx for answers..