Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SPP question

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    on that basis do you think S-L may be more suitable for Masters even those who may have done L-S previously?
    Not necessarily- individuals need to concentrate on their strengths, whichever form that might take

thanks charlie

you are not wrong about tendon and muscle issues as you get older. what would be your choice of supplements to assist with tendons etc considering my verterin age.

Thanks ESTI

I will give it a try.

Charlie for many years I have adopted your methods with my own sprint training and have also applied it with the professional rugby legue players I coach to great success. Now as a veterin due the inability to recover as I once could combined with tendon and muscle issues Ifind I cannot follow up high intensity days with low intensity days. what would you suggest I do in place of tempo. I have been doing some wayer running and cardio eqipment with push ups and sit ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Leec View Post
    Charlie for many years I have adopted your methods with my own sprint training and have also applied it with the professional rugby legue players I coach to great success. Now as a veterin due the inability to recover as I once could combined with tendon and muscle issues Ifind I cannot follow up high intensity days with low intensity days. what would you suggest I do in place of tempo. I have been doing some wayer running and cardio eqipment with push ups and sit ups.
    I assume you mean water running- that's a great way to keep the load down on muscle and tendon and works fine as a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Leec View Post
    thanks charlie

you are not wrong about tendon and muscle issues as you get older. what would be your choice of supplements to assist with tendons etc considering my verterin age.
    For sure, I'd try glucosamine and chondroitin along with Omega 3s

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis View Post
    If you have two high intensity days, then yes, up to 60m and occasionally 80m but with three high intensity days, one very short, max 30m, one SE, and one combination day with a few starts and a very limited number of runs out to 80m
    in any masters program, the number of runs must be carefully controlled and will always be lower than what is appropriate for a younger athlete. Even though the younger athlete can create a higher CNS output, it becomes more of a muscular and tendon issue for masters.
    How often would you perform 80's if the athlete is getting SE work from the meets every week, in this case would you stick with 60's only?

Bump for Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Bump for Charlie.
    Prob wouldn't do 80 cause you have what you need in the meets, leaving short starts and accel work and prob sub max 150s etc

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis View Post
    Prob wouldn't do 80 cause you have what you need in the meets, leaving short starts and accel work and prob sub max 150s etc
    Dumb question, when you say short starts are you talking about 30m block starts or shorter starts 10-20m? Also with acc work is this 30m block starts or 60m runs?