Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FEF vs. EFE

This guy is a track guy, just hasn't done this type of program until this year. I think he'll be better in a few weeks of doing this type of work.

Quote Originally Posted by ESTI View Post
    This guy is a track guy, just hasn't done this type of program until this year. I think he'll be better in a few weeks of doing this type of work.
    I understand that, I have worked with college track athletes who cant execute the efe/fef etc.

CF, is the role of speed change drills to not only hit high velocities in order to continue to improve the top end but also to avoid the so-called "dynamic stereotype" which has been said to lead to early plateauing?

I guess the other value of such work is to be able to transition through gears/develop pick-up?

What you said, plus learn to do so, while relaxed.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    CF, is the role of speed change drills to not only hit high velocities in order to continue to improve the top end but also to avoid the so-called "dynamic stereotype" which has been said to lead to early plateauing?

I guess the other value of such work is to be able to transition through gears/develop pick-up?
    Yes to all.

Charlie, after an enforced layoff-exam period-what's the best course of action, regarding types of training/volume at this point? No meets until mid January.

Active rest was recommended for all but of course you never really quite know what they are doing, if anything. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ESTI View Post
    Here is a vid of one of my athletes doing both. I think he slowed down too much.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ESTI/videos/1/
    Watching the lad do "High starts", I noticed he takes off with his left foot forward and left arm forward. I would encourage him to start opposite leg/opposite arm.

What was the last sprint 50+20m? I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsanchez4321 View Post
    What was the last sprint 50+20m? I don't understand.
    Sprint 20m hard and then maintain that speed for remainder, in this case, 30m. so the 50m becomes 20 hard+30 maintain.

Get the Vancouver download for more info.

oh, i understand. an accelaration limit. should these be timed?