Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FEF vs. EFE

FEF vs. EFE

Question about the relative value of FEF vs. EFE. On the Vanc. 04 short to long there is a higher volume of EFE than FEF. Why is that so? Is the body only ready for a smaller dosage of higher int. work at that early stage-assuming that FEF has to be of a higher int. than EFE?

During the early stages of spp the intensity limits are lower which results in lower overall intensity, the efe and fef are there because they are more intense and as the intensity limit increase the efe, fef, and flying sprints are no longer in the program.

Yeah I'm talking about the relative value between the EFE and FEF. Why much more EFE than FEF? My guess is that you only need a small amount of those since they would be of a, possibly, higher intensity. Maybe an athlete would not need as much(nor benefit from) a higher volume of FEF that early in the training year. Charlie?

This is a question I have been confused about as well. I would assume fef would be closer to race conditions. But efe are a lead in to the fly runs which helps develop top speed, hence why they are more numerous as you progress into the spp. Although i could be way off into left field with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    Yeah I'm talking about the relative value between the EFE and FEF. Why much more EFE than FEF? My guess is that you only need a small amount of those since they would be of a, possibly, higher intensity. Maybe an athlete would not need as much(nor benefit from) a higher volume of FEF that early in the training year. Charlie?
    1: FEF is much more intense (two bursts vs one in EFE) so the volume must be lower.
    2; EFE's allow an easy introduction to technical speed work at the beginning of the season as you can see in the GPP DVD.

The rest seems very long for the EFE runs early on in SPP. Are these rest intervals set up for elite athletes or should athletes in the 7.10-7.50 60 meter range be using the same rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny The Jet Rodriguez View Post
    The rest seems very long for the EFE runs early on in SPP. Are these rest intervals set up for elite athletes or should athletes in the 7.10-7.50 60 meter range be using the same rest?
    The rests are set for more advanced and can be adjusted downwards if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis View Post
    The rests are set for more advanced and can be adjusted downwards if necessary
    My athletes will be most pleased. Thanks Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny The Jet Rodriguez View Post
    My athletes will be most pleased. Thanks Charlie.
    Why is this?

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Why is this?
    Consensus was that the rest was very long (and I had already adjusted it somewhat). They all felt that they were ready to run full speed again after about 3 or 4 minutes and since the weather is starting to get cold they don't like to be standing around.