Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GPP Hill graph

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Is it typical to increase the rep breaks over time for SE I from 60-90 sec. to contribute to the intensification process or is that simply a range to allow for individual variation in maintaining the quality of reps within the split run set?
    Not necessarily within the set itself, but, in most cases, the breaks between sets will increase.

Okay. What is the main purpose of the variation in RI's between 60-90 sec. for the SE I work? Thanks.

It works on your Anaerobic Glycolyte system. From a practical point of view, as the reps get faster workout after workout, the more rest you need between reps (within a workout, don't increase the rest if you don't increase the distance, as this would bring fatigue).
    Second factor is weather condition, the colder it is, the short the rest should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis View Post
    It's individual, depending on weather (for us), level of the athlete (lower the level, the less the speed work contrasts and also the longer the GPP)
    Also, you DO include the volume of the hills in the speed totals.
    So just to clarify, in week 7 of the gpp download/video and in viewing the vertical integration chart(though on that chart it's week 6 I believe) the speed volume peaks during this week.

If Saturdays are now done as hill work (for about 6 x 80m) instead of tempo and the total number of speed days moves to 4 in the week, that would still require one to decrease the volumes of speed work done on MWF even though the total volume done during the week will represent an increase, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    So just to clarify, in week 7 of the gpp download/video and in viewing the vertical integration chart(though on that chart it's week 6 I believe) the speed volume peaks during this week.

If Saturdays are now done as hill work (for about 6 x 80m) instead of tempo and the total number of speed days moves to 4 in the week, that would still require one to decrease the volumes of speed work done on MWF even though the total volume done during the week will represent an increase, correct?
    that should work out that way

I have two questions.

1) I purchased CFTS and the GPP Download a year or two ago and cannot find it. Is it possible to download it again or do I need to purchase it again?

2) I think I recall that in my GPP download that it said it was acceptable to do hills on a daily basis because of their lower intensity relative to flat sprinting. Am I mistaken?

See Ruperts response
    thanks
    Ange

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Coon View Post
    See Ruperts response
    thanks
    Ange
    where can i find Rupert's response?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsanchez4321 View Post
    where can i find Rupert's response?
    Rupert PMed you asking fr the order numbers

I don't seem to have a PM from Rupert. My inbox says it has 0 unread.