Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Christie on Gay, Bolt

I will definitely grant you that I do not walk 100m in anything close to 10 seconds.

So yes, that has to be accounted for. Good point.

I should have clarified. I mean how it is measured.

I just had a quick look to all the wind readings during the Olympic Games and the "warm-up" meet in May, the fastest recorded wind neg or pos was +1.8, during long jump. That tells a lot about the stadium architecture. We can be sure that the wind didn't affected much the performances during the Games.

Quote Originally Posted by pierrejean
    I just had a quick look to all the wind readings during the Olympic Games and the "warm-up" meet in May, the fastest recorded wind neg or pos was +1.8, during long jump. That tells a lot about the stadium architecture. We can be sure that the wind didn't affected much the performances during the Games.

I wonder how fast Bolt would run with a 4m+ up his clacker. Would he run something hugely faster than 9.69 or would he not improve that much, given perhaps that there must be some limit to how fast a person can turn their legs over and how long a stride can be before other issues, such as co-ordination, specific strength and cadence come into play as inhibiting factors.

Off topic - Linford signed my copy of Speed Trap (over the finish photo from Seoul).... Just need to find Carl and Ben now....

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat1
    I wonder how fast Bolt would run with a 4m+ up his clacker. Would he run something hugely faster than 9.69 or would he not improve that much, given perhaps that there must be some limit to how fast a person can turn their legs over and how long a stride can be before other issues, such as co-ordination, specific strength and cadence come into play as inhibiting factors.
    And maybe before muscle or tendon break?
    We are talking about unknown territories. We are just getting used to 9.7, now a boy is running 9.6 and might be able to break 9.5.
    Zürich, Gateshead and Lausanne will provide some interesting answers on how can a sprinter recover after a 9.6 and 19.3, with multiple rounds.

It's sad but he'll probably run 9.7x and we'll all be disappointed.