Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Revised 200m finals results (Martina and Spearmon DQed)

  1. #41
    He stepped on the line...

    BUT the judges only saw Spearmon stepping on the line... All of a sudden somebody started "well if Spearmon gets a dq then Churandy should also be dq'ed... I want to know how it's possible for him to lose his medal like that... (and yes i'm biased )

    It's like soccer... If an offside goal is being made, and the ref doesn't noticed this, then the goal still counts... Even if they noticed this afterwards the goal cannot he errased...

  2. #42

    This is not "over"

    The lane violations and subsequent discussion at various levels may not yet be over as Netherlands Antilles is apparently protesting their athlete's violation as it was brought to attention well outside the 30 minutes allowed for such protests to be made. My opinion is if you are going to follow one of your rules (IAAF) then you need to follow any other that applies as well.

  3. #43
    Administrator Charlie Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,477
    Quote Originally Posted by RussZHC
    The lane violations and subsequent discussion at various levels may not yet be over as Netherlands Antilles is apparently protesting their athlete's violation as it was brought to attention well outside the 30 minutes allowed for such protests to be made. My opinion is if you are going to follow one of your rules (IAAF) then you need to follow any other that applies as well.
    that's interesting- and another example of appeals problems due to questionable preparation by the IOC. (Rogge was too busy brushing up on his cocktail etiquette.) If it was past the 30min, the protest by the US should never have been accepted.
    Do we know the origin of the complaint against Spearman? Was it from the officials or another country?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    that's interesting- and another example of appeals problems due to questionable preparation by the IOC. (Rogge was too busy brushing up on his cocktail etiquette.) If it was past the 30min, the protest by the US should never have been accepted.
    Do we know the origin of the complaint against Spearman? Was it from the officials or another country?
    from the officials within a couple of minutes of the finish. Had just started his celebration lap.

  5. #45
    Is the final standing now reversible?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by faivala
    Is the final standing now reversible?
    It is for the unmentionable. I highly doubt they'll go back on their possibly incorrect decision (if the 30min thing is correct), regardless of whether or not they should. I can't see them admitting to that colossal of a mistake and will ruin Martina's Olympics because of it.


    Edit: The Dutch Antilles has appealed to CAS, so yes, the standings can still be changed.

  7. #47
    If there was a fault in the procedure, then they have to do the right thing But i fear the mofo's won't admit their mistake

  8. #48
    Administrator Charlie Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    If there was a fault in the procedure, then they have to do the right thing But i fear the mofo's won't admit their mistake
    The CAS was never properly set up in China because Rogge is incompetent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •