Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: World Record 19.31!!1

Quote Originally Posted by NumberTwo
    CBC is showing lots of replays.

hopped on the CBC site and got a "sorry this video is not available in your area"!!!!!! i thought only china filtered content by ip address

Quote Originally Posted by cunni122msu
    hopped on the CBC site and got a "sorry this video is not available in your area"!!!!!! i thought only china filtered content by ip address
    Can you imagine the traffic problem's they'd have if they allowed live streaming of the Olympics to everyone outside Canada, especially with the USA having delayed footage? It is the only possible thing to do. CBC is funded by the government.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberTwo
    Charlie was right - this guy was capable of running 19 flat with a flat to positive wind. Incredible.
    Oh yee of little faith.

Quote Originally Posted by rainy.here
    Can you imagine the traffic problem's they'd have if they allowed live streaming of the Olympics to everyone outside Canada, especially with the USA having delayed footage? It is the only possible thing to do. CBC is funded by the government.
    I used to get CBC too, when I lived in Detroit, I'm so pissed right now

Hold-up/delay on the medal ceremony. USATF has accepted that Spearmon's dq was correct after being shown the footage so his appeal has apparently been dropped.

Martina's performance is now being questioned by the IAAF. It's been reported that he might have run on the lane line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    Hold-up/delay on the medal ceremony. USATF has accepted that Spearmon's dq was correct after being shown the footage so his appeal has apparently been dropped.

Martina's performance is now being questioned by the IAAF. It's been reported that he might have run on the lane line.
    What is this about? The rule is, one over the line or three on the line. Has this been changed??? A friend called me to complain about the ruling on Spearman and I looked at it it too and didn't see him on more than once or go over at all. I don't get it!

Pardon my french...

...but HOLY SHIT!!!

Has anyone ever gone 1-2 in the Olympics with WRs?

I am absolutely astonished...not because he got the WR...but because he did it into a headwind with almost zero competition.

Bolt jogged that 20. in the semis and it was then I knew he could break the WR.

It's amazing how fast this guy runs with zero arm pumping...amazing.

Now, did anyone listen to the 100m post interview where he credits his 400m training for the 100m WR?

Remember, how I was saying a few months back that the sprints were going to be dominated by thinner sprints who were incorporating more 400m training?

Not to boast...but damn I scare myself sometimes.

Here is the post btw made back in may...damn...should have put some money on it:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/commun...9&postcount=27

Quote Originally Posted by velocegatto
    ...but HOLY SHIT!!!

Has anyone ever gone 1-2 in the Olympics with WRs?

First time ever the same person has broken these two records at the same olympics.

Banned
    I may be speculating completely out of my @$$, but what is the possibility that Bolt is a surprise runner to run the 4th leg of the 4 x 400 for Jamaica? Don't they only "name" 3 guys and figure out the 4th later? If he HAS been training the 400, and is not bad at it.........

John