Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How much knee flexion in depth jumps?

How much knee flexion in depth jumps?

i recently video taped my depth jumps, i was doing ground contacts of .2-.3 seconds, but i noticed my knee flexion got as high as maybe 100-110 degrees

My question is how much knee flexion should i be aiming for in depth jumps?
    Does this signify something such as weak eccentric strength?

thank you

Got any photos/video? 100 degrees sounds like a lot. How high is the box?

i think my interpretation of 100 degrees may be different from yours, my lowest point is well above parallel but still, in my opinion, significant knee flexion

i will be posting a video shortly, thank you for you help.

Didn't Prof. Verkhoshansky come out and say that optimal jumps have a longer coupling time?

Quote Originally Posted by twhite03
    Didn't Prof. Verkhoshansky come out and say that optimal jumps have a longer coupling time?
    sorry, but i am a beginner with only basic knowledge, so.. what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 123456asdf
    Those look good to me.

I think coupling time is the time period between the eccentric and concentric portion of a jump. Not easy to measure. You could generalize and say that the best jumps have a slightly conservative contact time (just like the jumps in your vid).

The degree of knee flexion as well as coupling time must be specific to the reasoning behind the inclusion of depth jumps to the training program.

To discuss such factors void of the context of addressing the target of training is a nebulous undertaking that will render all subsequent debate meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith
    The degree of knee flexion as well as coupling time must be specific to the reasoning behind the inclusion of depth jumps to the training program.

To discuss such factors void of the context of addressing the target of training is a nebulous undertaking that will render all subsequent debate meaningless.
    Limiting this question to knee flexion and coupling time, what specific training effects are realized by changes in these two variables?

Quote Originally Posted by twhite03
    Hes probably comparing force/ ground time trade off. Simple chemistry if ground time is too long kinetic energy dissipates as heat.