Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Questions for CF regarding hurdle warm-ups.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,801

    Questions for CF regarding hurdle warm-ups.

    I'm in the process of re-designing my hurdle warm-up and I've used your recommendations for the sprint w-u from the gpp disc in the past.

    Though I'm still using that template, I want to make sure I've got the components sequenced properly.

    Where would (if you would) incorporate any hurdle drills into the w-u would they take place in the Mach drill section, possibly between the runs of the 2-4 x 30m part of w-u two or where exactly?

    Would it be advisable to do the flat sprint w-u section of the w-u, as above, and then follow that up with actual hurdle starts over h1/h2 etc.?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator Charlie Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    I'm in the process of re-designing my hurdle warm-up and I've used your recommendations for the sprint w-u from the gpp disc in the past.

    Though I'm still using that template, I want to make sure I've got the components sequenced properly.

    Where would (if you would) incorporate any hurdle drills into the w-u would they take place in the Mach drill section, possibly between the runs of the 2-4 x 30m part of w-u two or where exactly?

    Would it be advisable to do the flat sprint w-u section of the w-u, as above, and then follow that up with actual hurdle starts over h1/h2 etc.?

    Thanks.
    I'd put the hurdling into the WU2 portion in place of or in combination with the accels in spikes. no need for a major 'rehearsal' type WU favoured by some- what would you do if you relied on this in a place like Zurich where you just warm-up on the grass with almost no track time?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,801
    Do you incorporate any hurdle drills in the w-u?

  4. #4
    Banned TopCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    I just do the dynamic hurdle mobility drills as part of the warm up. We do these all sitting on the floor. Having got the required ROM we move into a few accelerations and runs over maybe 4 hurdles if there is time and facilities for this. But as CF says it's important to be able to warm up no matter what the conditions or facilities so I don't necessarily make it part of habit.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    Do you incorporate any hurdle drills in the w-u and where are they in the w-u?
    bumping up for CF.

  6. #6
    Administrator Charlie Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    bumping up for CF.
    I never used any hurdle drills- just over the middle

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    I never used any hurdle drills- just over the middle

    I think he is talking about mobility hurdle drills?

  8. #8
    Administrator Charlie Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,477
    Quote Originally Posted by tamfb
    I think he is talking about mobility hurdle drills?
    Just the trail leg exercises you see on the GPP download

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    Just the trail leg exercises you see on the GPP download
    Thats ur answer Pioneer.

  10. #10
    Member boldwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brisbane - Qld - Aust
    Posts
    3,128
    You can use your imagination too, and if no hurdles exists, Pretend there are!! Still seems to do the desired outcome - loosening up hips etc.

    although not good for those who are self conscious and are afraid of looking like a fool?

Similar Threads

  1. Different types of recovery therapists/therapy
    By Herb in forum Recovery and Regeneration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •