Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sled pulls as a plyometric???

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    We used spikes
    Charlie what would your recomended weight for the sled itself, and what type of design would you recommend for indoor use?

Quote Originally Posted by tamfb
    i have never use spikes for pulls, is it ok to use reg trainers - its a habit i got from football workouts?
    Sure you can.
    We used spikes to prevent any slippage as we did them from blocks at times with the Excellerator device. That way we could move from resisted to unresisted from one rep to the next with no other change.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    Sure you can.
    We used spikes to prevent any slippage as we did them from blocks at times with the Excellerator device. That way we could move from resisted to unresisted from one rep to the next with no other change.
    how much rest did you use between the resisted to the unresisted, some camps say shorter rest 30-60sec while others say 2-3mins? Also have you ever done resisted runs follow by bounds follow by unresisted runs?

I would have recommended using spikes when using sleds for acceleration runs in order to get the necessary grip to maintain the shin and body angles??? Thoughts??

we have used sleds a fair amount in my group this year at a reasonable weight too. The sleds are 20kg and we add a 20kg plate to it. Were trying to improve our starts and drive phase and have been going to a full 60. Me personally am older them my training partner however im running better then i have for a good few years and he has knocked off a good few tenths this year off his hundred. Do you think that level of weight has helped more than what a lesser weight staying within a 10 per cent time frame would of been better. What im asking really is it similler to weight training were the resistance can effect different areas of the race

Quote Originally Posted by maris
    I would have recommended using spikes when using sleds for acceleration runs in order to get the necessary grip to maintain the shin and body angles??? Thoughts??

I have always done sled pulls with my trainers, the one time I used spikes I pulled my hamstring.

always used spikes for sprinting with sled and 20% body weight is the weight...

used it for bounding also in sneakers...

Tell three of the fastest men in the world that - bolt, powell, gay.

tell them what?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhops
    tell them what?
    always used spikes for sprinting with sled