Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbeit's Strikes Again!

Arbeit's Strikes Again!

Eckert Arbeit, the former East German Coach and now albatross around South Africa's neck went ahead and put his foot in it at an IAAF seminar in Moscow just the other day.
    Always one for a good story, he fell back on our old CF.com favourite - the Ben Johnson squat before the Seoul Final classic.
    He claimed to have witnessed it and said the East Germans got it on film!! He even came up with a new weight- a bit less than the 600 claimed by the earlier Guru BS artist.
    For anyone who has missed it in the past, there were no weights at the warm-up stadium in Seoul, so it couldn't have happened even if we'd wanted it to- which we didn't! Hopefully, one of the attendees on the site can elaborate on his "presentation"
    South African coaches have been on here recently, claiming that Arbeit is a bullshit artist.
    I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

I wanna see that East German video...not that stuff Rupert watches...the Ben weightlifting footage

Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    I wanna see that East German video...not that stuff Rupert watches...the Ben weightlifting footage
    The stuff Rupert watches? You have a video on Susen Tiedtke??

Quote Originally Posted by mortac8
    I wanna see that East German video.....the Ben weightlifting footage
    Would have to be a cartoon

Charlie if we went by the number of eyewitnesses then it definitely happened...never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Charlie if we went by the number of eyewitnesses then it definitely happened...never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    Now Arbeit's manager/cohort/agent Frank Dick is claiming the same thing! Fucking amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    Now Arbeit's manager/cohort/agent Frank Dick is claiming the same thing! Fucking amazing!
    Are you watching this live?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoluski
    Are you watching this live?
    Well, I was watching Ben live in Seoul- which is obviously more than can be said for any of these "experts"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    Well, I was watching Ben live in Seoul- which is obviously more than can be said for any of these "experts"!!
    OK then, I believe you!

Surely the 'word' must be out by now; why do certain people insist on it?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

[QUOTE=Charlie Francis]Always one for a good story, he fell back on our old CF.com favourite - the Ben Johnson squat before the Seoul Final classic.
    He claimed to have witnessed it and said the East Germans got it on film!! He even came up with a new weight- a bit less than the 600 claimed by the earlier Guru BS artist.
    For anyone who has missed it in the past, there were no weights at the warm-up stadium in Seoul, so it couldn't have happened even if we'd wanted it to- which we didn't! Hopefully, one of the attendees on the site can elaborate on his "presentation"
    QUOTE]

Thats interesting. I had assumed Davies way of getting Ben ready to sprint was to have him do jumping jacks until he puked. Not have him squat heavy JK.