Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Very hard to gain weight

Quote Originally Posted by Ku2u#1
    Those arent really all that great of deals. They have the calories, but only like 10-15 servings for a very expensive price. So I'd rather make mine like I posted earlier except I will change the nonfat dry milk to whole milk. And maybe an extra scoop of protein powder.
    thats why you shop on MUSCLE MONDAY!! lol...I have a membership at my local Gym Bag. And the first monday of each month I get 20% off, so I buy then. I get a 10lb bucket for ~ $40. its not that cheap I agree, especially if you are taking two shakes a day. But its an option. Im drinking one right now

Quote Originally Posted by Smarrs
    thats why you shop on MUSCLE MONDAY!! lol...I have a membership at my local Gym Bag. And the first monday of each month I get 20% off, so I buy then. I get a 10lb bucket for ~ $40. its not that cheap I agree, especially if you are taking two shakes a day. But its an option. Im drinking one right now
    2 shakes thats alot of cal and surgars, over 1400 cal and who knows how much sugar. he may could pull something like this off if he train twice a day otherwise he could get fat from all the sugars etc.

You can get a 2200 calorie shake at GNC, then just divide the servings into thirds. If you are eating enough the 730+ calories will put you over the top.

That is mostly fat...... Saturated fat that is.

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/12117.html
    It's mostly MCT's which are very unlikely to be stored as fat.

Try making shakes with it between meals. For example:

2 bananas
    1 apple
    1 nectarine
    1/2 cucumber
    1/2 cup coconut milk

...and throw a can of tuna in if you dare

Ive been getting around 4000-4200 so far. I think that should be enough for now. I was 165 last night after I drank that shake but then I was 161 this morning. How much weight should I expect to gain in a week?

Ive been getting around 4000-4200 so far. I think that should be enough for now. I was 165 last night after I drank that shake but then I was 161 this morning. How much weight should I expect to gain in a week?
    An excess of approximately 2000-4000 calories during any give time period will result in weight gain of about a pound.

protein= 4calories per gram (~1800cal per lb)
    fat= 9calories per gram (~4000cal per lb)
    1lb=454grams

Usually trainers will tell fat clients that they need to burn ~3500 calories more than they take in per week to lose 1lb of fat.

This stuff is as simple or as complex as you want to make it. For your situation I might try to gain ~1lb of bodymass per week. Also remember body water content can at any time can drastically change your weight. So if you eat a ton of salt, your weight will be higher due to water retention. If you eat a bunch of diuretic foods (1lb of asparagus), your weight will likely be lower due to loss of water. Dehydrated or hungry? you'll be a few pounds under. just drank a gallon of water? +8lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky
    It's mostly MCT's which are very unlikely to be stored as fat.

Try making shakes with it between meals. For example:

2 bananas
    1 apple
    1 nectarine
    1/2 cucumber
    1/2 cup coconut milk

...and throw a can of tuna in if you dare
    Tuna?? That sounds like a great way to absolutley ruin the taste lol. Why not just add a scoop or two of a protein blend powder instead?

Quote Originally Posted by WRCortese5
    Tuna?? That sounds like a great way to absolutley ruin the taste lol. Why not just add a scoop or two of a protein blend powder instead?
    I want some real protein, not some denatured powdered milk.

Re: Very hard to gain weight

Hi Ku2u,
    Some tips for you to gain weight. Increase caloric intake and increase number of daily meals.
    Consume lots of proteins, supplements and drink energy fluids.