Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Very hard to gain weight

the point behind his diet was its easier to drink more cal and eat them esp when you are already may feel full.

I don't think that more mass would help your accelaration. Look at Kim Collins, he's very quick, yet he probably doesn't weigh any more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by tamfb
    the point behind his diet was its easier to drink more cal and eat them esp when you are already may feel full.
    That's good advice. I know that I need to take in more than 5000 calories a day if I intend to gain any weight (with very moderate activity) and eating that much food makes me sick.

It's much easier to chug down a quart of milk than it is to eat a couple of cheeseburgers.

I appreciate all the tips guys. I'll do my best and I will tell yall how everything goes in my journal.

Have you considered a weight gaining supplement? I have a fast metabolism so I was recommended to use a weight gainer post workout supplement, which has treated me very well.

While im not gaining much weight, im not taking two shakes each day, plus im not really looking at gaining too much weight anyways, its just a great shake to have after a workout or as a meal "replacement". Each serving for my particular gainer has 790 Calories, 160g CHO and 30g protein, + a bunch of other stuff.

good luck gaining!

Drink beer...Guinness to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb

lol, my dad fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb
    Actually, I think Guinness is for strength.

Seriously though, if you are having trouble getting enough calories liguids will definately help since you won't feel as full. Like Rj said, try drinking whole milk throughout the day(other than right before or during the workout obviously as it can be a little heavy for a workout) in addition to your shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarrs
    Have you considered a weight gaining supplement? I have a fast metabolism so I was recommended to use a weight gainer post workout supplement, which has treated me very well.

While im not gaining much weight, im not taking two shakes each day, plus im not really looking at gaining too much weight anyways, its just a great shake to have after a workout or as a meal "replacement". Each serving for my particular gainer has 790 Calories, 160g CHO and 30g protein, + a bunch of other stuff.

good luck gaining!
    Those arent really all that great of deals. They have the calories, but only like 10-15 servings for a very expensive price. So I'd rather make mine like I posted earlier except I will change the nonfat dry milk to whole milk. And maybe an extra scoop of protein powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ku2u#1
    Those arent really all that great of deals. They have the calories, but only like 10-15 servings for a very expensive price. So I'd rather make mine like I posted earlier except I will change the nonfat dry milk to whole milk. And maybe an extra scoop of protein powder.

they can become good deals if you spilt the servings, you may not need 700-1200 cal at one sitting spilt it up into 3ser.