Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: 4 day split...

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tamfb
    dont look to bad, that program look familar. no need to do cp for 3x8.
    should be 5 oops...

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tamfb
    ok so some folk think that i should do walking lunges or something instead of one of the stepups... and also doing sldl 2 times... ghr still hurting my knee...

    opinions please...


    i would probably do bar lunges on monday, stepups on thur. do weighted hypers on mon, gh on tue, rdl on thur, good morning on fri.
    instead of what...

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tamfb
    i agree, i did a program similar to the one above and i always perform lat circuit on tue and arm circuit on fri:

    lat circuit: 2x10
    chinups
    pullups
    h pullups
    inverted row

    arm circuit: 2x10
    dips
    db curls
    band tri ext
    bar curls
    that ideal but as siad struggle with weighted belt etc...

    plus only have access to a power rack... dip station...

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,592
    I've found doing legs 2x/wk in off season in addition to sprint and jump work is best, with two days focused only on upper body.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald
    problem i have is that when i do chins and pullups i have 50kg round my waste so screws up using it for most supersets or giant sets...

    i alway tray and beat the pr for the rep range in the exercise...

    i do 20 rep squats basically because i have run out of plates to use at lower reps.. plus like the rep range... use the front squats for the strength and the normal squats for hypertrophy...
    I didn't mean superset them, just have them side by side Do the weighted pullups after the heavy back work (rows, etc)

    As for the no more weight for the bar problem, wow Do you have access to any other gyms that own more then a few plates lol?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by R3N3GAD3
    I didn't mean superset them, just have them side by side Do the weighted pullups after the heavy back work (rows, etc)

    As for the no more weight for the bar problem, wow Do you have access to any other gyms that own more then a few plates lol?
    what so do you mena rest between sets or not...

    no train at home... can squat 250kg for 10 and that all i can fit on my bar as only have 6 20kg plates... will buy more eventally but they are expensive...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald
    what so do you mena rest between sets or not...

    no train at home... can squat 250kg for 10 and that all i can fit on my bar as only have 6 20kg plates... will buy more eventally but they are expensive...
    Jesus, how much do you weigh? That's a v. nice squat!

    Do your rows...set rest set rest set rest etc....then move on to the chinups.. set rest set rest set rest etc

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by R3N3GAD3
    Jesus, how much do you weigh? That's a v. nice squat!

    Do your rows...set rest set rest set rest etc....then move on to the chinups.. set rest set rest set rest etc
    then volume would be huge... trying to avoid that...

    just finished a 3 week cycle with 90 sets in 3 sessions... was dam hard work...

    weigh abou 218lbs right now...

  9. #19
    That's awesome man keep it up!

    The volume obviously depends on how many sets you have, but I say don't superset them. IMO supersetting is nice for hypertrophy once in a while and for muscular endurance but strength wise it's not worth it.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by R3N3GAD3
    That's awesome man keep it up!

    The volume obviously depends on how many sets you have, but I say don't superset them. IMO supersetting is nice for hypertrophy once in a while and for muscular endurance but strength wise it's not worth it.
    ye but surely the point in the latter exercises is for assistance work and hypertrophy...

    my main aim is to get 200kg for tiple on front squat... going to try that this week...

Similar Threads

  1. IOC Congratulates VANOC On Sporting Success
    By Rupert in forum Olympic Updates
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:26 AM
  2. Extrathyroidal Benefits of Iodine
    By Flash in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
  3. IOC restricts torch relay
    By kitkat1 in forum Olympic Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 06:21 AM
  4. Tyson Gay 6wks injured
    By kitkat1 in forum In the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:30 PM
  5. New Look Weights Program
    By Jester in forum Strength Training
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •