Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: New Taper DVD From Charlie Francis - Peaking When it Counts

Quote Originally Posted by TMSSF
    Some discussion of this I believe is on the Vancouver 2004 DVD as well as Forum Review.
    You can also see it being done in the Taper DVd available from Derek (number2)

Great download Derek!

Thanks - the timing was just perfect to visit with Charlie and do the real-time 10 day taper. I don't believe you will find anything like this anywhere on the market. It is a unique opportunity to see how it is done by a professional.

NumberTwo, how much therapy was this athlete getting with the workloads displayed on the graphs. Is this what you normally do in SPP1 - Day 1: Split 60's, Day 2: Speed, Day 3: Special Endurance 150-250's?

At that time probably 1-2 massages per week. We had a big training group and I was doing all the massage so some weeks I only managed one good session per week for therapy. That was when I was younger and when I had much more energy.

My two cents, I think you should stick with the setup you presented in the bobsled thread. When you are not a full time athlete it's very difficult to perform three speed sessions at those "TV" without at least one therapy session per week.

Quote Originally Posted by lacrossetrack View Post
    NumberTwo, how much therapy was this athlete getting with the workloads displayed on the graphs. Is this what you normally do in SPP1 - Day 1: Split 60's, Day 2: Speed, Day 3: Special Endurance 150-250's?